Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • What Blu Ray player with wireless Netflix, Lovefilm, BBC/ITV Player,4OD etc?
  • yoshimi

As above, cheap and functional any recommendations?

glenh
    Free Member

I use a PS3 for all that (oh, and to watch and record freeview).

nixie

Streaming doesn’t always work that well over wireless. Much better cabled, or using homeplugs.

I got a nice Sony blur ray that has all those features (apart from netflix and the wireless adaptor costs extra), and it came with 3 months free lovefilm.

disco_stu
    Free Member

Get a PS3 if you can as it will get updated with new apps and such like.

My 14 month old Sony Blu-ray player isn’t going to be getting a Netflix app even though the same player has a Netflix app in the US 🙁

yoshimi

Problem is the TV is in a different room from the router……whats a home plug? As for PS3, my Xbox is getting sold as I cant remember thew last time I played it, I’m just not a gamer at all

ransos
    Free Member

Iplayer streams fine on my Sony Blu ray, even in HD.

glenh
    Free Member

yoshimi – Member
    As for PS3, my Xbox is getting sold as I cant remember thew last time I played it, I’m just not a gamer at all

I virtually never play games on mine. Just all the tv/film stuff above (and a bit of music, photos etc).

glenh
    Free Member

double post

dr_death
    Free Member

‘nother vote for the PS3. They reckon the blueray player in the PS3 is the same as the one in some of the top end stand alone Sony Blueray players, only it’s cheaper and has more functions….
    Built in Wireless, netflix etc

http://www.whathifi.com/review/ps3-slim

Cougar

my Xbox is getting sold

It’ll do most of what’s in your original post other than Blu-rays, y’know.

Failing that, last I looked Sony DB player was weapon of choice (and hence what I bought).

dufresneorama
    Free Member

+1 for PS3

kimbers

my ps3 does all of the above hardly ever use it for games

ScottChegg
    Free Member

PS3 streams Lovefilm perfectly on HD. Same with BBC/4OD etc.

Great piece of kit; you can also try COD Modern Warfare.

Cougar

Puzzled about all the PS3 recommendations when the OP has stated he doesn’t play games. But if you want to pay a premium for functionality you never use, ‘s your money.

The PS3 is a consummate BD player, but a modern standalone player will be better if that’s all you use it for.

Cletus

I do not think any of the stand alone Sony Blu-Ray players support ITV Player or 4od. Happy to be proved wrong though.

yoshimi

Bit dissapointed by the stand alone Blu Ray players – I expected there to be loads out there that play blu rays, connect to the internet wirelessly and play all streaming content available – seems like different manufacturers only support certain streaming services – now thinking about looking into what my current xbox is capable of (got it 2 years ago, played a on it for one day and not tuirned on since) – although I’ll need one of those wireless dongle things

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘What Blu Ray player with wireless Netflix, Lovefilm, BBC/ITV Player,4OD etc?’ is closed to new replies.