Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • What bleed kit – Formula?
  • stevied
    Free Member

Want to give my brakes a bleed as I’ll be changing pads soon.
    What kit do you lot recommend? Epic seem to good prices as do Big Ride Racing..
    Are Formula Dot 4 fluid too as both offer 5.1 or 4?

simonpedley

I got a big ride racing kit to do my formulas. The kit was cheap and easy to use.

epicbleedsolutions
    Free Member

Hey Stevie, Formula brakes can take either DOT 4 or DOT 5.1. 5.1 has a higher boiling point and will last longer under heavy braking conditions, so is usually considered the better option.

All our bleed kits come with next day shipping to the UK if it helps.

http://www.epicbleedsolutions.com/products/bleed-kits/formula/complete-kit-4/

daver27
    Free Member

get one of these

and pair it with a set of these

😆

chakaping
    Free Member

Pretty sure I have an epic bleed one in the toolbox that has been used once or even not at all.

Drop me a line if you can live with a secondhand bleed kit

Northwind

I’ve got an Epic one, spot on. Had to replace the syringes after a while- like, a couple of years- but they cost basically nothing so that’s no bother.

Dot 4 should be totally adequate but in the volumes we’re dealing with, the price difference is bugger all. There’s actually a lot of variation from product to product though.

stevied
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies and info.
    Ended up going for dot 4 kit from BRR as it was cheapest and got 10% off too. I’ve got a fresh bottle of 5.1 so can use that if I get any issues with the dot 4 although it’s been fine without any issues so far.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘What bleed kit – Formula?’ is closed to new replies.