Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • What blades for my safety razor??
  • renton
    Free Member

Iv got a merkur safety razor and im about to use my last couple of blades.

i was going to stick with the merkur blades but was wondering if anyone had tried other brands which they could recommend??

cheers

steve

jahwomble
    Free Member

I've been using Wilkinson Sword blades for thirty years and am perfectly happy with them, can get them everywhere as well.

chewkw
    Free Member

I use Gillette Super Nacet platinum coated as I got them cheap from the far east there are ok so far for me.

You might want to consider the followings:

1. Feather (made in Japan).
    2. Personna Israeli "Red Pack" (all the Peraonnas are good)
    3. Gillette 7 O'clock (yellow)
    4. Permasharp Super (Turkish)
    5. Swedish Gillette platinum (Swedish G's)(Sweden).
    6. Personna Platinum (Israeli)
    7. Sharp Stainless – Version 2 (USA?)
    8. Astra Superior Platinum (Russia)
    10. BIC Chrome Platinum (Greek)
    11. Shark (Korean)
    12. Crystal (Israel)
    13. Derby
    14. I think Boots / Tesco are fine too.

😛

cynic-al
    Free Member

I know old school shaving is all the rage, but will it really work for the sensitive-skinned? (vs triple blade, lubed, decent shaving soap etc)

chewkw
    Free Member

Yes, it is far better than the triple blade plastic ones but you need to relearn a bit before using safety razor again. A joy to use.

If you have sensitive skin then do not use those cheap chemical in cans as it will irritate more. I tried using some of boots cheap aftershave balm … it burns.

Get some of the natural shaving cream/soap from Body shop or Lush or look for some manufactured by the old brand names.

😛

TooTall
    Free Member

The single speed rigid of shaving.

I'll stick with modern technology. Even my dad, him of shaving mug, brush and Trumpers soap, uses modern razors now.

renton
    Free Member

i find my merkur soooooo much better than mach 3 turbos etc.

i used to get real bad shaving rash/ingrowing hairs but since using the merkur its all a thing of the past!!

i get a closer shave too

matthewjb
    Free Member

I know old school shaving is all the rage, but will it really work for the sensitive-skinned?

I found using the Merkur much better for my skin than any of the multi-bladed models.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Interesting. Sorry chewkw but I can't trust a man in bad shoes 😀

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘What blades for my safety razor??’ is closed to new replies.