Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • What bits do I need to run ZTR Flow EX 29ers tubeless
  • creamegg
    Free Member

I’ve just bought a Hope ZTR Flow Ex 29er wheelset. I want to run them tubeless. Do I just need the Universal Stem and yellow tape (already have a big bottle of fluid) rather than the full kit with rim strips?

dday

I have these. Strapped on some rim tape (blue?) popped on the tyres, poured in some Stans. Job done. Oh, and yes, you’ll need the stem!

roverpig

Yes, just remove the green rim tape that comes on the Hope hoops, replace with yellow tape (in 25mm form), insert valve and away you go.

creamegg
    Free Member

cheers guys. Converted my Mavic rims but they needed the full kit with rim strips.

sherry
    Free Member

I bought some reusable valves from superstar 7 quid, electrical tape wrapped twice around rim. Get the thickest and widest tape possible. Add some wheel milk, around 80ml. Job done. Can be tricky to pop the tubeless tyres on without damaging the tape using levers though. Cheap and effective costing under a tenner per set of wheels.

b45her
    Free Member

save yourself £12 and use 25mm gorilla tape its just as good if not better than the yellow tape.

creamegg
    Free Member

Yeah electrical tape might be an option, what I was really asking is if I needed the rim strips with the ZTR rims.

b45her
    Free Member

nope you just need to make the nipple holes airtight.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘What bits do I need to run ZTR Flow EX 29ers tubeless’ is closed to new replies.