Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • What bikes don't fit a Saris Bones?
  • Onzadog
    Free Member

Hear that full sus bikes can be an issue. Really, I'm wondering about a turner pack and a specialized stumpjumper FSR 2006.

norcbot
    Free Member

I have a bones rack my small turner RFX dose go on there. But it i have to put the top tube on arm and the rocker plate on the other arm of the rack.

Onzadog
    Free Member

that's what I was thinking just looking at the bike now. Looks like the wife's bike might end up resting on the shock!

bigsi
    Free Member

Blur LT had to be carried upside down on mine. Wouldn't get another Saris Bones one tbh !

robdob
    Free Member

I looked at getting a Saris Bones for my new Astra estate. However I thought they were overpriced tbh. I bought a Thule 9104 from the Roof Box Conpany for £80. It doesn't have any straps as such, just metal strips. It has a tensioning system which locks the whole thing onto your bootlid. A hassle to set up first time but every time after that it is super fast to use.

The rubber blocks can be moved around to fit various bikes. My spesh Pitch goes on fine on the seatstays and top tube, and only needs 1 strap (supplied with rack) to hold it on very securely.

It is honestly the best bike rack I have ever used and I am so impressed with it I am recommending it to everyone! I am the most paranoid person when it comes to putting bikes on cars but I totally trust this one. I prefer it over my full Thule Aerobar roof set up that cost me £220.

If you want to know more then email me on rcatkin@googlemail.com. And, no, I don't work for Thule!!! I am just so pleased with it.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Cheers Rob, I'll have a closer look at the Thule.

ginsterdrz
    Free Member

Had a look at some photos on various sites BUT the lower attachments (black) that hook under the hatchback look a bit thin. How does the lower part of the rack cushion itself against the car? The upper section obviously has rubber blocks. Saris Bones 2 is £99 at Wiggle so not far off pricewise.

becky_kirk43
    Free Member

I've got a Saris one, getting my ladies specific hardtail on is a squeeze so i imagine there might be issues with a full susser but they seem very popular racks. A false crossbar might help, or find someone with one and test it / ask at your local lbs..they should be able to help 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘What bikes don't fit a Saris Bones?’ is closed to new replies.