Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • what bike/bikes for me?
  • taka
    Free Member

im reletavley skint selling all my stuff ontother fourm i was thinking a fr/dh full sus and a ht for cross country purposes? im fairly big and brutel with my bikes been looking at on-ones but they can be a bit pricey for what im looking at depending on how much i sell

tom

ton

kona hoss, indestructable. trust me.
    fitted with 140mm pikes. suitable for ups, downs, acrosses, and jumping.

druidh
    Free Member

tom (taka) – Member

im reletavley skint selling all my stuff ontother fourm i was thinking a fr/dh full sus and a ht for cross country purposes? im fairly big and brutel with my bikes been looking at on-ones but they can be a bit pricey for what im looking at depending on how much i sell

tom

?? That’s news.

vinnyeh

Tom, you run the risk of turning into your generation’s Hora.

Why not just build a bike, cheaply, ride it and enjoy it, instead of buying other peoples worn out and/or obsolete parts (thinking of the welded up Heckler and Hanebrink forks particularly). Most of us on here are, I’m sure you’ve gathered, a lot older than you and have (or had) jobs to support what can be an expensive hobby. It can also be a very cheap one- a secondhand on-one or similar frame, some rigid forks and a bit of deore level kit should see you fine for a few years. If you can’t afford discs- learn how v brakes work, amd how to set them up. If you haven’t got the money for what you desire, wait, or fully use what you can afford now.
    Oh, and look at that list of stuff you’re selling- only sell the stuff you really won’t want. If you build another bike you’re still going to need wheels, drivetrain etc- if you’re hard up what’s the point in selling stuff you’ll need to buy again 😕

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘what bike/bikes for me?’ is closed to new replies.