Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 70 total)
  • what bike would you like to see made
  • rOcKeTdOg

that generally isn’t atm or is but is too wildly expensive?

I’d like a C456 29er so i had the option of a longer fork but it’d still be light enough to pedal all day, I’d have a C456 26″ if I fitted one

over to you Mr Richards

anyone else hankering for something that doesn’t exist?

MountainMutant
    Free Member

Titanium Roadrat

chrismac

Yes a carbon orange 5. All the fun but much less weight.

RustySpanner

Alloy Soul:
    Seriously – I used to be a ‘steel is real’ evangelist but I’m ok now. Would like a light, Easton alloy frame with Soul geometry.

Cross Check Disc.

A nice 853 tourer/cross bike that can take discs and has separate rack and mudguard eyelets. AT A REASONABLE PRICE.
    If Merlin can sell Rock Lobster 853 frames at reasonable prices, other people can make decent value 853 frames too.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

a Giant TCR Advanced roadie which takes discs (or any decent carbon disc frame)

I would buy this tomorrow, and spec it with some tubeless rims (maybe carbon, such a Reynolds Assault CX).

We have carbon CX disc frames but no affordable, non-hideous carbon road frames.

MrTall
    Free Member

A sub £1000 36er rolling chassis.

£2000 seems to be the going rate which is way too much for a ‘just for the sake of it’ bike.

A 36″ Inbred would be ideal. Won’t hold my breath though!!

jodafett

An Ibis Mojo with internal cable routing. Running 4 cables on the top of a top tube sucks!

lazybike
    Free Member

Carbon Pomp…..

idiotdogbrain
    Free Member

A bike based on late 90’s Kona geo, steel DB frame, rigid forks, V-brakes, full Deore groupset, for around £400. Would suit pretty much 90% of what the vast majority of people buying a basic mountain bike would need.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

A bike based on late 90’s Kona geo, steel DB frame, rigid forks, V-brakes, full Deore groupset, for around £400. Would suit pretty much 90% of what the vast majority of people buying a basic mountain bike would need.

What I was going to say was close enough to this.

Would like the option to fit discs and eyelets for mudguards and racks too.

andyh2
    Free Member

An Inbred designed for 26″ x 3″ tyres and 1 x ? drivetrain.

And a selection of 3″ tyres weighing less than 1kg and costing less than £50.

Could also be run 650b with ‘normal’ size tyres and 2 or 3 x drivetrain.

float
    Free Member

ragley G6

Edric64
    Free Member

I nice retro quality steel tourer where you could mix and match components as you could in the 80s. When my bike mixed campag shimano mavic simplex etc and I could pick all the nice bits I liked and choose my gear ratios from the board in the shop

rootes1

already available in other EU contries but not in the UK.. even if a brand sells in all countries like specialized etc

sensible everyday bikes with dynamo, guards rack etc

jimw
    Free Member

Reynolds 931 Cotic soul in large

sheephills
    Free Member

Like The idea of 3″ 26 tyres and a Steel frame to match, ebb , campy hidden set., Low bb, built for a rigid Low a to c fork.

And fleegle bars with rise, Steel and in Chrome 😀

Chrome and flat Black.

tazzymtb

Like The idea of 3″ 26 tyres and a Steel frame to match, ebb , campy hidden set., Low bb, built for a rigid Low a to c fork.

got one in alloy but other than that spot on 😀

tazzymtb

I’d like Ti jones diamond frame and fat truss fork.

fontmoss
    Free Member

Carbon ss cross bike with discs

stAn-BadBrainsMBC
    Free Member

I nice retro quality steel tourer where you could mix and match components as you could in the 80s. When my bike mixed campag shimano mavic simplex etc and I could pick all the nice bits I liked and choose my gear ratios from the board in the shop

My Kona Sutra is steel. Has a mixture of Shimano road and Mtb plus Truvativ on drivetrain etc.
    Id like to see a bike that could be used for proper off road riding and also take a rack and full guards. Oh. That would be the original clockwork.
    Got few years to decide yet. Going to build my own from 853 for my 50th.

dans160
    Free Member

Carbon intense slope style, series 1. It will never happen.

addy6402

Id like to see a bike that could be used for proper off road riding and also take a rack and full guards.

Sounds like a Surly Ogre?

Northwind

TBH I’ve already got 2 bikes which tick almost all the boxes so…

Let’s have a Super-Hemlock, with a little more rear tyre clearance, and lighter, and dropper post cable guides, and with tweaked geometry to get rid of the 2 degree adjuster headset. And that’s it.

tomhoward

What Dans said. It will happen, I just need to predict 6 numbers correctly….

njee20
    Free Member

A 7lb (no more, no less) 6″ travel trail bike, complete. With Di2. For less than £1000.

I fear it’ll be a long wait. But my god it’ll be the best bike ever.

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

Not so much a bike but a material. Someone needs to work out how to add colour to carbon fibres. Imagine the possibilities. Tartan frames, checked handlebars?

HermanShake
    Free Member

A slack 953 frame like an LTHT but with 2″ of fairly stiff single pivot travel to go with a 140-150mm fork. Just a little give for flexing into corners and a smidge for landings; but by no means a compensator. Single pivot for a single piece back end and low maintenance & no weird bearing sizes! CNCd tapered headtube, or maybe a machined hourglass 44mm? Offset insert thingybobies at the pivot for more tweakery of the geometry to match fork choices/preferences.

Polished or brushed, straight-ish tubes, swap-outs for fettling potential. Simple, stainless and with options. The bastard son of a softtail, 4x bike and a LTHT.

Northwind

Mostly Balanced – Member

Not so much a bike but a material. Someone needs to work out how to add colour to carbon fibres. Imagine the possibilities. Tartan frames, checked handlebars?

Wouldn’t be hard tbh, lots of existing carbon is basically a structural part, wallpapered so that people will go “ooh- carbon!”

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

A Cotic Soul in Ti.

warpcow
    Free Member

A Ti Sovereign, with a 44mm headtube, that isn’t priced relative to the crazy rrp the steel one had.

Northwind

warpcow – Member

A Ti Sovereign, with a 44mm headtube, that isn’t priced relative to the crazy rrp the steel one had.

Yep, tbh with Evil it’d cost £10000 and then there’s a reasonable chance it’ll fall apart and you’d have to wait 2 years for the replacement :mrgreen:

Stoner
    Free Member

A Monsterpetamine…

Pompino geometry, 2.5″ clearances. Midge bars, BB7s.

firestarter
    Free Member

A Jones spaceframe with truss fork that I could run a rohloff on without any clutter

Markie
    Free Member

26″ ss ebb bike designed for low ac rigid forks and 2.5″ tyres. That’d be me sorted…

njee20
    Free Member

Not so much a bike but a material. Someone needs to work out how to add colour to carbon fibres

Already exists, I can think of white, blue and red carbon parts.

qwerty
    Free Member

Someone really needs to place a Rohloff in the BB shell and attach the cranks to it, I don’t get why its not been done.

MrSmith
    Free Member

A niche bike that doesn’t attract enablers and apologists on here when it’s obviously flawed, breaks too often or comes with poor customer service.
    By all means praise a good product (but not just because it’s cheap) but spare us the doe-eyed sycophancy, the taste of bile is bad enough how do you put up with that horrible acrid taste* on the end of your tongue?

*not being brown nosed im guessing what shite tastes like.

sheephills
    Free Member

Bring back The soft tail, i have never tried one, but like the idea of an inch to save my back.

brant
    Free Member

Someone really needs to place a Rohloff in the BB shell and attach the cranks to it, I don’t get why its not been done.

Torque

bencooper
    Free Member

Plus fat bottom brackets are ugly.

Next thing I’m building (well, next after this road frame) is a Hetchins. A 29er MTB Hetchins.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 70 total)

The topic ‘what bike would you like to see made’ is closed to new replies.