Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 85 total)
  • What bike would you like to own now…?
  • granny_ring

Following on from Harry’s thread, I’ve realised that I’ve never stopped wanting ‘a new bike’, of course much of the time it doesn’t happen.
    Having in recent years built up a selection of parts and then looked out for 2nd hand frames to try out.
    I can’t narrow it down to ‘one’ bike at the mo to say yes, that’s the one…!
    I’ll have a think though.
    Anyone else?

Stoner
    Free Member

some kind of super light carbon SS rigid fatty/650b++. Possibly with drop bars.
    Don’t think anyone makes it…yet.

ram13man
    Free Member

The new Giant Glory 0 Advanced , and I think I’m gonna pull the trigger when it’s released.

relliott6879
    Free Member

Probably something made in the spirit of an ‘old school’ XC steel hardtail but incorporating modern technology. A handbuilt DeKerf made from something like 853, with 29″ wheels, current XTR group and a lightweight 120mm fork would fit the bill.

EDIT: T’would appear it exists! link

_tom_
    Free Member

Pretty happy with what I have tbh, wouldn’t mind swapping my Voltage frame for an NS Soda though.

tomhoward

There’s nothing specific I want, just a couple of styles of bikes I fancy, but not enough to actually buy one.

A super light 29er carbon XC FS
    A DH bike
    A gravel/monster cross bike

parkesie
    Free Member

For the last 2 years ive really wanted a cannondale trigger but 4k was just abit to hefty a price. Hurrah for Psa threads on here 🙂

sv

Bird Aeris..

edhornby

I’d have a Battlecat, but I don’t have a pot to piss in and can’t justify replacement so will remain an idle wish 🙂 would have 1×11 XT bling wheels and bits

sharkattack

I really want to try something unconventional. And I’m sick of all the bollocks being peddled by mainstream brands.

(Even I would lose the hideous mudguard though)

lunge

A super light steel or ti road bike with Di2 Dura-Ace and 50mm Carbon wheels.
    A proper CX bike with hydraulic disks.
    Maybe a single speed road bike.
    A fast winter road bike.
    And maybe one of those post office bikes that are being sold

Yep, that’d do I reckon.

honourablegeorge

My DH frame is a little too small for me. So I’d like a bigger one.

And my trail bik’s wheels are a size too small, apparently – so same again with bigger wheels thanks. Or maybe a Patrol Carbon, if you insist.

And an Escapade, a Stooge, a Solaris with plus wheel/tyres, and that new 5010.

jam-bo

Carbon transition scout.

Fortunately they don’t make it yet as I’m skint at the moment.

relliott6879
    Free Member

I wouldn’t say no to one of these…

Cannondale Synapse Carbon Ultegra Disc Di2

seanthesheap
    Free Member

I would like to test ride these please. 😀

chakaping
    Free Member

Still the reign advanced, with crossmax xl wheels and a fox 36 or new lyrik.

kayla1
    Free Member

I quite like the idea of the new Onza Jackpot.

weatheredwannabe
    Free Member

Currently the 2016 Orbea Rallon, suspect Specialized will be coming out with a new model 29er Enduro with the boost rear next year.

toppers3933
    Free Member

I would really like a singlespeed hard tail 29er or 27.5. Steel frame.

dknwhy

I’d really like one of these…

slackalice
    Free Member

The Cannondale Habit looks interesting, as would a medium Kinesis Sync in 650b.

aP
    Free Member

A carbon/ Ti Brompton
    A carbon disc’d road bike, with EPS routing and EPS/hydraulic groupset
    I think I’m ok for the rest 😛

mboy
    Free Member

I’ve got my dream full sus (though wouldn’t be upset if someone donated some ENVE rims for it mind…) but have a total dilemma HT wise right now…

If Stanton dropped the BB height on the Sherpa by 15mm, I’d buy one tomorrow. It’s just too tall for my tastes personally, but that said, it’s still lower than a lot of its competition (read Cotic Solaris et al)… So an aggressive trail geometry 853 29er Steel HT designed around a 120mm fork with a sub 67deg head angle and 430mm stays would be lovely thank you very much for asking…

granny_ring

In theory I’d like to try a carbon 29er full sus 120-130mm frame as a first but I do also like those carbon triggers.

matt_outandabout

Does anyone make a carbon, single pivot 650b with full SLX, hope hubs and brakes and a set of serviceable, long lasting forks?

kimbers

im very happy with my process 153, but i must admit id like a lighter 29er hardtail than my unit………..

firestarter
    Free Member

They are very nice dkny 😉

chakaping
    Free Member

I’m not normally a fan of ti, but that kona is quite special.

psycorp
    Free Member

I’d have one of these. DW-Link, Turner quality and customer service, what’s not too like?

I must miss my 5spot.

gastromonkey
    Free Member

I want a fat bike. Not sure which make and model but I’m not getting one for at least 12 months. I need to buy a new house first.

tomhoward

Does anyone make a carbon, single pivot 650b with full SLX, hope hubs and brakes and a set of serviceable, long lasting forks?

If only orange would start using 20th century materials, eh?

LMT
    Free Member

I’ve just got mine, well 2 weeks ago a speshi camber 29er, I will admit I wanted the carbon version but budget wouldn’t stretch that far for that movel but loving the new camber.

Moved from a 29er Hardtail and a 26er Camber to a hybrid of the 2, 29er 120mm travel evo geometry from last years camber 29er, its a great bike.

honourablegeorge

psycorp – Member

what’s not too like?

Weird sizing, I’d need an XL – and its not that nice looking a bike in larger sizes, the neat line of top tube and seat stay disappears. No 150 Reverbs either ‘cos of the seatpost size.

But still.

onlysteel
    Free Member

Steel 27.5+ next year if I can get it past the investment committee.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I didn’t…but then Turner released the RFX 4.0

cooie

Bird Aeris.

shaungero
    Free Member

I have a cotic soul 275 but would full on love a new cotic rocket or even a orange 5. Either way would be very happy

dirtyrider
    Free Member

all the bikes in the world and you chose an Orange 5 😆

matt_outandabout

If only orange would start using 20th century materials, eh?

I know.

Instead, a Cannondale Habit will suffice.

Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

Wish Santa Cruz would stop messing about and make a carbon Heckler, I’d buy one, of all the bikes I have I keep coming back to the simple single pivot, does everything I need it to do!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 85 total)

The topic ‘What bike would you like to own now…?’ is closed to new replies.