• This topic has 10 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by Nico.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • What bike saddle for a woman?
  • Nico
    Free Member

No, this isn’t a swap-shop proposal but a request for advice on which womens bike saddles to check-out. My other half is objecting to the saddle which came on her cheap Trek mountain bike. She is an occasional cyclist and it is for road and easy off-road riding mostly.

I appreciate that different saddles suit different people. Given that she isn’t all that regular a rider a cheaper option would be preferred, but I can see that it might be one area to stump up a bit more for the right saddle.

organic355
    Free Member

Mrs has the selle italia gel flow diva and says its comfy.

also comes in white

RustySpanner

Ms Spanner used WTB Devas.
    No issues, not pricey.

nickjb
    Free Member

The wife has a Charge Ladle (basically the ladies version of the spoon). Pretty cheap and she likes it.

NormalMan

My wife likes the charge ladle too.

mtbfix

Try a proper Bontrager saddle. Get her sit bones measured and try the one best suited. We did this for herself’s new perch and its worked a treat.

z1ppy

Finally got a saddle my partner liked by getting her (sit bones) measured in a specialized shop and bought the reasonably priced spesh saddle that fit her measurements.

A m8 who had struggled with saddle got it done too last week & is impressed by the comfort of his new saddle (spesh), so it not only for girls…

gravity-slave
    Free Member

My Mrs also a fan of the Ladle. Cheap and comfy for her.

mindmap3
    Free Member

My other half really liked the Ladle too. Its the only saddle we’ve tried that she gets on with.

I’d say it’s a good starting point because its pretty cheap, so if she hates it you won’t be too out of pocket.

c00ke5ter
    Free Member

Finally got a saddle my partner liked by getting her (sit bones) measured in a specialized shop and bought the reasonably priced spesh saddle that fit her measurements.

Likewise for her Myka, very pleased with the results.

Nico
    Free Member

Thanks, massive. I’ll send her down to be measured I think, with the option of the Selle Italia and Charge Ladle as an alternative to a Spesh/Bontrager. Personally I’d buy the Ladle because it is such a brilliant word-play, but apparently that’s not a good enough reason.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘What bike saddle for a woman?’ is closed to new replies.