Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • What bike repair/workstand..? recommendations please…
  • jackal
    Free Member

Right, decided its time i actually bought a workstand…

I need one thats capable of holding a dh bike, and the more stable the better, not too fussed about lightweight/how easy it is to breakdown/foldup/transport etc, just want strong and durable.

My mates got an ultimate pro elite which is good but i'm not really wanting to spend that much, how does the cheaper ultimate one (sport?) compare?

Also been looking at the park tools one online, but not seen any in the flesh, but how stable are these?

Saw a minoura one holding a road bike in evans (notts) the other day, it looked pretty beefy, anyone use these..?

cheers 😉

grumm
    Free Member

Me and a mate both have these – http://www.merlincycles.co.uk/bicycle-stands-workstands-for-bikes/bike-tools-workstand.html

There are a few different branded versions knocking about, some have a parts tray attached. Holds my mates DH bike no problem – pretty sturdy and very quick to fold away.

jackal
    Free Member

cheers grumm, yeh seen a few of those knocking about under different brands, quite a few on ebay, was a little unsure of the quality of them tho..
    Is the clamp assy plastic or metal?

sv

Winstanleys have PCS9's for £80.

jackal
    Free Member

Winstanleys have PCS9's for £80.

Good price, but, are they any good..?

(the stand, not winstanleys btw 😆 )

sam-r
    Free Member

this one is very good

jackal
    Free Member

Anymore…?

🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘What bike repair/workstand..? recommendations please…’ is closed to new replies.