• This topic has 22 replies, 21 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by jedi.
Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • What bike related gifts have people asked for?
  • cupid-stunt
    Free Member

What bike stuff do you all want for Christmas?

Onzadog
    Free Member

I’ve asked for some superstar pedals and a boodicore thing. Actually, the wife said I should :(get one. However, after yesterdays ride, I should have asked for a new saddle.

singlespeedstu

I’d like a holiday in Verbier if you’re buying. 😉

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

my dad is buying me a set of hope hoops he just doesn’t know it yet.

mountainposture

Hope seat clamp from Mum with some socks and something else, grips from sister in law. Gran has contributed to some brakes.

They did comment it’s like I’m a teenager again – ‘Can I have some bits for my bike, please?’

luked2
    Free Member

Silly bright light from Troutie.

MrKmkII
    Free Member

skully lights, a buff, and some nice warm gloves 🙂

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I find it a bit dull asking for bike parts for x mas – bit of an odd present to give. Its the sort of stuff I can go and buy myself if I need too.

bol

Nothing this year, although if the last couple of years are anything to go by I’ll get a couple of surprise base layers.

Baldysquirt

some knee warmers and some woollie boolie socks.

David – I kind of agree with you; but it’s a good time to get bought the things that I’d never get round to buying myself (I’m one of the rare bikers that agonises over spending money as I feel like I should be spending it on something more “useful”).

grim168
    Free Member

kids have ordered me an orange bikes mug 😀

cubemeup
    Free Member

im getting blinged out with some shimano m161 shoes some nice Fox gear and the new hope jersey!!aw and a nice new gamut chain device. never think im 31!!

cupid-stunt
    Free Member

Got the Orange bike mug and it’s a heavyweight beauty.

DaveRambo

Asking for bike bits is a dangerous thing – If I were to do that the wife would find out how much stuff costs. Cheap is a relative term and I’d rather not align our thinking.

Last year I asked for some cleaning stuff and this year a voucher for a skills day.

Lionheart
    Free Member

Plus one with Dave, but those things I have bought in the last month, get handed over and I end up with a chain in my stocking, extra box under the tree with tyres and inners in it and a nice new pair of winter gloves hanging on the tree. I just have to put up with things I would have changed a week or three ago.

thomthumb
    Free Member

have been hinting at an airbone pump from charlie bike monger but i don’t think anyone was listening!

alexpalacefan

Vintage bike advertising print. La Chaine Simpson by Toulouse Lautrec or similar.

APF

5AM
    Free Member

Workstand is coming from my brother, skills course voucher with Jedi from my mother, and I think the girlfriend has got me a fox shirt or some googles but not sure which.

Would I want anything non bike related… Not really.

monksie
    Free Member

“bit of an odd present to give. Its the sort of stuff I can go and buy myself if I need too.”

Eh? What have you asked for then? A voodoo doll made from the hair of a pigmy chief’s first born?

Do you send your gift givers out on a mission?

I have requested one of those Rapha scarf things, a Rapha jersey and some Gore bib longs. Some of the parcels under the tree look like I may have been a good boy this year.

I love Christmas. Best wishes to everyone.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Eh? What have you asked for then?

I just asked for world peace, or failing that, a bike for an african from Oxfam.

Xmas lists just seem a bit odd.

This is what you will buy me for Christmas:

1. Rapha scarf thing
    2. Rapha Jersey
    3. Gore bib long

I just leave it upto whoever to decide what they want to buy

valleydaddy
    Free Member

1) glasses as I lost my last pair, common problem for me
    2) wingnut
    3) tools

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

I’ve got some new X2 breaks, front off the girlfriend rear off the parents lol.

jedi

i asked for a new stove and zippo handwarmers )

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘What bike related gifts have people asked for?’ is closed to new replies.