Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Which bike mechanic training course?
  • avdave2

A friend has just been medically retired and he’s looking at spending a bit of his pay off doing a training course. He’s been looking at Cytech courses and City & Guilds options. So can anyone advise as to which route to follow and recommend any particular courses. He’s based in Brighton but happy to travel and organize accommodation in order to take the best option.

Thanks

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I’m in the middle of doing cytech and have talked to those who have done City and Guilds. Apparently C&G is long winded and mostly health and safety. Cytech is the industry standard qualification so its hard to see past that. Bear in mind that if you go to ATG Training for the cytech 2 it includes cytech 1, so you can just go straight in at level 2. There’s also only 3 places in the UK where you can do it. Aylesbury, Milton Keynes and Stafford.

vanilla83
    Free Member

+1 for going straight in at level 2 CyTech with ATG Training.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    glen815
    Free Member

I did the C&G level 2 and 3 at cycle systems academy. Excellent course with good facilities and excellent staff.

wwaswas

avdave2 – Quest Adventure in Worthing are looking for a mechanic.

http://www.bikebiz.com/jobs/read/mechanic-57

might be worth talking to them?

avdave2

Thanks all, I’ll be seeing him tonight so I’ll show him this thread, my feeling was that Cytech is what you see bike shops advertising so would be the way to go.

avdave2

I thought I’d just update this to say he’s just finished the Cytech 2 at Aylesbury today and is now qualified mechanic. He really enjoyed the course and can’t speak highly enough of the instructor who took him through it, he sounded absolutely exhausted earlier when he called to say he’d passed. So if any one knows of any openings within any bike shops in the Brighton area, anywhere between Eastbourne and Worthing I’d love to be able to help him in passing the info on.

steelfan
    Free Member

ATG now have courses running in London at Kings Cross

oldkit56
    Free Member

Stafford, Hmm, not too far away, might look into this. 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Which bike mechanic training course?’ is closed to new replies.