Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • What bike for the Devil's Staircase? Fixed of course!
  • mcmoonter
    Free Member

I found this old blog by a crazy Californian pal.

http://www.63xc.com/kenei/kensing.htm

mcmoonter
    Free Member

bump for a Sunday evening critique.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Fixie down the staircase. The obvious question is how did he avoid catching pedals. Extreme skill I guess.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    hungrymonkey
    Free Member

he sounds like a bit of a tit 😕

will be riding the staircase (and ciaran (?) path) tomorrow myself, but with gears and 120mm of ft suspension.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

In the early years, when mountain bikes were just coming into existence, mountainbiking bought with it a sense of simplicity, a feeling of floating unencumbered. I wanted to have that feeling again.

So, why not ride a bike like those ridden in those same "early years" and have one with gears, then?

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Without gears: well you can always push up the steep bits – bit boring tho. It's downhilling something that techy with the fixie hub that amazes me.

coastkid
    Free Member

he did capture something right though… 😉

A remarkable phenomenon occurs as you drink a single malt. The later into the wee hours of the morning it gets, and the more that the bottle is emptied, the less exaggerated and more down-to-earth the stories become. Amazing!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘What bike for the Devil's Staircase? Fixed of course!’ is closed to new replies.