Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • What bike for Swaledale
  • fergal
    Free Member

What do you reckon, i was going to take the trail bike, but thinking it’s probably overkill for the majority of the riding, am i right.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I rode the bfe at the ardrock, never felt under biked at all. Lots of fast stuff with the odd rocky bit, although it was 2 years ago!.

fatgit
    Free Member

Hi
    It depends which trails you’re riding and how many rides you’re doing but ultimately any will do.
    If I was doing a single day then a hard tail or short travel but if you’re doing a few days then go for some suspension.
    It’s all good on hard tails, long travel or short travel, 29er or 26er!!!
    Enjoy
    Cheers
    Steve

fergal
    Free Member

Cheers, will be riding Gunnerside gill and fremington edge loop and down through the quarry, looking to sample the best legal trails, i guess.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

A red one.

cynic-al
    Free Member

A niche one

fergal
    Free Member

I know it’s a lame question, i ‘m guessing it’s old school XC, i much prefer a hardtail for this.

RustySpanner

Go and see Stuart and Brenda at the Dales Bike Centre.
    Bit of a cliche, I know, but they really are decent people.

The best cake, great bacon butties and proper, local route knowledge.

I reckon the beauty of Swaledale is you can ride it on anything and still ‘get’ the place.
    S’not techy, I’m a right wuss – I think the really open, fast bits are suited to a hardtail – top of Apedale, the Gill, Fremington etc.

enduroforever
    Free Member

I used to ride my orange alpine everywhere but since I bought a cotic bfe a few months ago my orange has not been used up swaledale apart from the ard rock. Cotic is perfect for everything up that way

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘What bike for Swaledale’ is closed to new replies.