Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • What bike for mate?
  • teamslug
    Free Member

Morning everyone. Mate has just got back into MTB after quite a few years and a dabble at everything from model helicopters to enduro bikes. He’s got a hardtail at mo but looking to upgrade to full suss as his fitness returns. Cross country is his thing,not necessarily racing but he’ll never be hucking massive jumps after he detached his collarbone ligaments from his shoulder!!! Budget is 2K and wants new. I’ve pointed him towards a Canyon. Just wondering what the STW massive think. Cheers

chief31
    Free Member

In my honest opinion it’s gotta be secondhand.
    I picked up a gt aggressor xc3 that a guy built from frame up to higher than xc1 spec with new parts.
    He spent over £800 and used it a couple of times. He wanted £400 and we agreed on £350. He also gave me loads of spares and a bike stand workstation as he had an injury he wasn’t gonna recover from. Electric blue frame with matching rims and basically all nice components.
    My mate has an orbea he splashed out £450 for and it pisses all over it component wise by a longshot.
    Just think what 2 large gets you on the nearly new market.

wwaswas

One of the Giant ‘X’ models.

Maybe get him to try a 29er too – probably suit his choice of riding?

timc
    Free Member

Anthem 29er would be my first test ride for that remit

gravesendgrunt
    Free Member

Hello there-this is an absolute bargain and a trail rocket http://paulscycles.co.uk/products.php?plid=m1b4s1p3494

It’ll whizz around Joydens 😉 and just about anywhere else for that matter.

teamslug
    Free Member

Giant looks good but the spec and reviews on canyon nerve 8.0 make it look unbeatable.

robbonzo
    Free Member

Salsa Spearfish? Very nice and in budget. or maybe a specialized epic?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘What bike for mate?’ is closed to new replies.