Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • What bike for a day with jedi?
  • I_Ache
    Free Member

160mm FS with knackerd shock or 140mm BFe? The BFe is more fun but the fs will probably hurt less.

If it makes a difference I see my areas that need improvement as cornering and jumping. So maybe the BFe would be the most predictable?

Who has used what?

franksinatra

More importantly, what psi in the tyres for a day with jedi

Kryton57

It’s not about the bike….

tomhoward

If you can do it on a hardtail, you can do it on a fs…

cnud
    Free Member

I suggest a unicycle to give Tony a challenge otherwise you’ll be sailing over jumps and drops with ease.

SOAP
    Free Member

CAMO GRIFTER FTW

I_Ache
    Free Member

Psi will be,as always,just enough to stop me pitch puncturing all the time.

I know its not really about the bike but isn’t that what Lance said?

granny_ring

If your shock is **** then do you have a choice?

Ringo
    Free Member

I used my niner with jones bars

stevede
    Free Member

You don’t really want to be hitting jumps on a bike with a knackered shock (especially if you want to fix it in the future), I’d go with the bike that’s in better working order. Principles are the same and also as said above, if you can do it on a hardtail then you’ll be able to transfer the skills to the bigger bike – harder going the other way.

passtherizla
    Free Member

Alright mate hope skiing was as good as it looked from the photos..

take the Bfe.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Ha, I really wound myself up with this question before my first visit. Although the biggest thing I’ve ever done there was on a hardtail.

Pretty sure he could have improved my riding even if I’d not take a bike at all.

soobalias
    Free Member

hardtail

fs sounds like it wants attention for one thing. Some people say an FS is a skill compensator, which is true in some circumstances, but for training you may well find that it hides/softens/disguises feedback that you need to feel and it can actually be a skill inhibitor imo

toys19
    Free Member

I think jedi would say the bike you are most comfortable with, but tbh, ask him..

Moe

Pretty sure he could have improved my riding even if I’d not take a bike at all.

😆 You are probably right!

giantx4
    Free Member

…these are not the droids you’re looking for…

njee20
    Free Member

I used my Top Fuel race bike, as said up there, it’s not about the bike. Wasn’t even commented on (in a good way).

KonaTC

Any bike as long as its reliable you don’t want to waste time faffing

I_Ache
    Free Member

Rizla skiing was brilliant but unfortunately my ankle really limited how much I could do per day. This is why I am thinking about taking the fs even with the knackered shock.

Ringo you are odd anyway so you don’t count as a representative demographic.

The shock is knackered in that the stanchion is scratched, it still works but isn’t the best. I could do with replacing the frame anyway so might not be riding it for too much longer anyway.

I’m leaning towards the BFe as all it needs is a brake bleed and it will be spot on.

Spin
    Free Member

Is this the quintessential STW thread?

user-removed
    Free Member

SOAP – Member
    CAMO GRIFTER FTW

Camo Grifter? I’m pretty sure you’re thinking of the Commando. Willing to be proved wrong though 🙂

edhornby

broken bike or non-broken bike – you really need a thread on this 🙂

I_Ache
    Free Member

Well I just got back and am totally knackered. I took the BFe and it was perfect.

I’m not going to say much about the day other than this. Wow, I didn’t know I could corner quite so fast! And I flew. Very happy now and can’t wait to practice what I learnt.

winterfold
    Free Member

Spin – Member

Is this the quintessential STW thread?

very good 🙂

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘What bike for a day with jedi?’ is closed to new replies.