Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • What bike for a 4 year old? (to replace likeabike jumper)
  • mrchrispy

The little chap has been blasting about on his likeabike jumper for the last 18 months and he loves it but I feel he's about ready for pedals and much to his mum delight…brakes 🙂

So what can I replace this with….

qwerty
    Free Member

CNOC 14?

i removed the front brake to get him used to stopping, needs to go back on soon

mrchrispy

just found that they are about to release the follow up to the jumper, its going to be called the called the liketobike.

it'll be top of the list if it isn't too expensive.

bristolsurfer
    Free Member

Second the Cnoc 14 – great bikes!

StirlingCrispin

Islabike Cnoc 14 (or 16)

Thump is nearly 4 and has been riding around on his Cnoc 14 for 6 months now. Three cycling friends have bought them for their kids after seeing it. They are beautiful, light bikes with brakes specially designed for wee hands.
    Thump is big enough for the Cnoc 16 but the 14 will do him fine until his wee brother grows into it. They keep their value too – I've seen heavily used bikes selling for £100 plus.

If in doubt give Islabike a call – they are really helpful and will talk you through any sizing issues.

http://www.islabikes.co.uk/bike_pages/cnoc14.html

Nick

Isla Bikes are doing an open day at their new shop nr Ludlow, last Sat in March.

MoreCashThanDash

Islabikes are great but expensive, even secondhand (though that means you don't lose so much selling them on)

Most of the big bike brands now also do small starter bikes – Trek, Giant and Specialized. Have a look on ebay – at that age there a lot of good stuff about without much use/damage

FWIW, swadey jnr has had Treks and Ridgebacks, in decent nick, effectively halfprice off ebay.

lister

Littlelister has a Cnoc16 (he's only 3.5) but he's a big lad and it fits him well.
    Lovely little bike. Just looks so good and he loves it, it's nice and light as well. Worth every penny cos his sister will have it in a couple of years.

Jason
    Free Member

I will add my vote to the Cnoc. My son has had once since he was 3. It is a great bike, and very well designed.

mrchrispy

looks like it'll be the CNOC then, cheers guys.

The guy that imports the likeabikes thought the kokua (above) might be around 250 quid!! now i like my bikes and it is very nice but 250 for a kids bike….jebus!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘What bike for a 4 year old? (to replace likeabike jumper)’ is closed to new replies.