Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • what bike for 5 year old girl. £150ish budget
  • ticsmon

Probably looking at a 16″ wheel.

cossyrush
    Free Member

Got my 5 1/2 year old daughter a 2nd hand Isla bike Benin 20 for Christmas.
    It’s made a massive difference to the distance she can ride, plus she’s actually slightly interested in going for a little ride now.
    They are normally around £200 secondhand, but worth it I think.
    Personally I doubt you can go wrong with any of the Isla bikes.

funkrodent

Hi mate, my 7 year old daughter has just upsized to a bigger bike. That being the case, I’ve got an Islabike Cnoc with 16″ wheels, purple in colour that I’ll be listing for sale shortly. She’s in good nick. Few marks from wear and tear. but nothing major.

Lovely bike, very light with powerful brakes that are sized for small hands.

I’ll be asking £150 incl postage. Let me know if you’re potentially interested and if so I’ll whack some pics across to you.

Cheers

doncorleoni
    Free Member

Funkrodent… Obviously first dibs to the op but if he / she is not interested I may well be. Corless at Hotmail dot Co dot uk

daveh
    Free Member

2nd hand Islabike. You have to pay money out initially but you’ll get it back when you sell it.

MoreCashThanDash

Second hand Ridgeback MX16 and some upgrades for Daddys bike?

northernmatt

There a Preowned Islabikes group on Facebook. I got a CNOC16 off there for £140.

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

Frog bike?

Stainypants

I’ve got a ridgeback melody you could have for a lot less than £150 with free spokey dokeys

fallsoffalot
    Free Member

At that age i would say any bike the right size and everything works. oh and it must have colourfull tassles and a big horn, also a bell

craig78
    Free Member

Specialized hotrock.. 16inch.. Loads about on the bay. Goor re sale price as well..in my opinion

alisonsmiles
    Free Member

Remembering the days when I was five and how quickly I grew out of it, the only real criteria was that it be red. At that age, we work around and work with pretty much everything and anything and it’s not going to affect future cycling fun and ability. I accept other girls may be pink with tassels creatures, and that’s fine too.

winston
    Free Member

My two went through the various hotrocks as they were probably the best at the time. Can’t fault them for build quality and design – all mine were bought off ebay for 60-70 and when I get round to selling them I’ll probably get 40 each.

takisawa2

Frogbikes. Well worth a look.
    Like an Islabike but cheaper.

razorrazoo

Leapfrog area on the frog bike website has some good bargains. Just picked up my 6 year old the 52 for £200. Very very impressed.

Had it delivered to the house, with me in 2 days for a tenner delivery. Included mudguards. Quality bit of kit and miles ahead of anything else at the price point. Looking at £300 for the equivalent islabike or dawes.

bigad40
    Free Member

Any of the bikes recommended above, my boy rode a Hotrock for 2 years then onto a 20″ wheeled bike.
    I bought a cheap bike £20 quid bike on ebay for a cousin who was visiting for a few weeks and turned the yard into a race track.

yetidave
    Free Member

Just picked up a ridgeback melody (16″ wheels) for 35quid off gumtree. Cracking little bike, LX v brake upgrade from the parts bin and will be sorted for a year or so.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

She’ll love it

Raleigh Mollis are utter, utter shite. Do not waste your money on one.

At that budget I’d be going Ridgeback (Preferably) or Dawes.

Above that the Raleigh Performance or Dawes Academy are better then a Frog bike (Frog welding leaves a lot to be desired…) and cheaper than Islabikes.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

If you’re anywhere near Peebles we have some Ridgeback MX16. We are looking for £60.

cheshirecat
    Free Member

There’s a Preowned Islabikes group on Facebook

Sold my Beinn 24 on there a couple of weeks ago.

razorrazoo

Above that the Raleigh Performance or Dawes Academy are better then a Frog bike (Frog welding leaves a lot to be desired…) and cheaper than Islabikes.

Welding on our frame is fine. The academy looked great but RRP is £300. Last years model is reduced but in black only and I have girls. Mint green one looks nice but could only find it full price.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘what bike for 5 year old girl. £150ish budget’ is closed to new replies.