Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • What Bike For…
  • hitman
    Free Member

Used to ride a lot and whilst never a jumper, I could ride almost anything on my trusty 100m full suss and before that a few hardtails with 100mm travel forks. After injury and a long time not riding, I now ride a heavier longer travel bike which I think is making me lazy and allows me to ride trails depite a massive loss of skill.
    So what bike for general trail riding, some of the welsh trail centres such as Afan, nant-y-arian, brechfa? Want something quite light, full suss, cheapish and with geometry that’s not too race-orientated or too relaxed.
    Any ideas??

goldenwonder
    Free Member

Welsh Trail centres?
    I leave my 456 with 150mm forks at home & take my carbon Giant Anthem-all 23lbs & 3.5″ travel, plenty of bike for most UK trail centres & great fun

hitman
    Free Member

Not just welsh trail centres but recenly all I’m up to doing…. but yes the anthem is one I’ve heard people rave about but have no experience of – how’s the angles and bb height on them?

hitman
    Free Member

what about the trek fuel ex – anyone ride one?

goldenwonder
    Free Member

Mine’s the last of the original Anthems, so steeper than the newer Anthem X & only 80mm forks on it, can be a bit lively at times on the steep stuff, but I love it. The slightly slacker Anthem X is a bit more relaxed & easier to control on the more technical stuff.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘What Bike For…’ is closed to new replies.