Viewing 30 posts - 41 through 70 (of 70 total)
  • What bike are you waiting for/building up over the next few months?
  • solarider
    Free Member

Chris King Cielo 29’er.

Orange metallic paint.

FOX F32 CTD.

ENVE wheels.

Chris King headset, hubs and bb.

Thomson post, bars and stem.

XTR 1 x 11.

9 weeks and counting…….

ahsat

Alunm’s Banshee Spitfire frame when I pick it up at the weekend… 😀 Just about to order all the parts for it. Will be replacing my medium Nicolai Helius CC frame and forks (if anyone is interested…)

glasgowdan
    Free Member

My bank balance.

And a nice light xc 29er…

robdob
    Free Member

Waiting for this….

Gotama
    Free Member

solarider – Member

Chris King Cielo 29’er.

Oooooh I do like a good solarider build thread. Please make the XTR Di2 to get all the haters frothing at the mouth 😀

RoterStern
    Free Member

I’m in the process of putting together a new cyclo cross bike for next season. It’s going to be with discs but debating which frame to go with. It’ll probably be a Specialized Crux frame but not sure I can justify going for the carbon version.

solarider
    Free Member

Sorry, good old cables. It is steel after all. Haters gonna hate.

Before that arrives though, solarider jnr is due to make an appearance at the end of March. A whole new world awaits……….nappies, no sleep, vomit etc. And to make things even easier (!) we are relocating permanently back home from Singapore to the UK 8 weeks after he arrives.

I can’t wait!

Despite having everything ready (apart from the frame), I think physically building this one might have to wait a few weeks!

MountainMutant
    Free Member

Just finished my full on bling summer bike

Yeti arc carbon 29, full 11 speed xtr, enve, king

Will take some pics at the weekend

MM

sundaywobbler

I’m waiting for a Crisp Titanium road frame after someone on here made me lust after one last year, not due until August though 😥

I’m still in a bit of a quandry about which wheels to get, although I’m also trying to buy another house at the minute which could mean two mortgages therefore the posh wheels may have to wait a bit…

andy3809
    Free Member

My old 1992 gt Karakoram in tequila sunrise. Full xt group. For child seat duties

faustus

Building up a Parkwood frame for springtime. Don’t need many bits, but taking my time to get it exactly how I want. Including a mix and match front brake of new xtr race lever and M755 caliper + braided hose. Sweet modulation.

Overhaul of the trusty Arkose 3, hydro brakes, lighter wheels…

superstu
    Free Member

Nothing fancy but an old inbred which is awaiting powdercoating before being turned into a 1 x 10 rigid winter bike

chestrockwell

I’ll be building my 5 29 back up. Had planned on a 2×10 XT groupo, Hope brakes, Pikes and Hope Hoops to go along with the frame, Thomson Dropper and Easton carbon bar I already have but the reality of a 1yr old lad is starting to hit so I might have to lower my build cost a bit. 🙄

fingerbang
    Free Member

I’ve decided I need an on-one parkwood in my life. I wanted to buy frame only and then get everything second hand/practically new for cheap but the complete build option is apparently so good i’ll probably go for that.

The main stumbling block is the missus and her ignorance of the ‘n +1’ philosophy. We’re sposed to be saving up for a load of work on the house. Real life eh?

It’ll need the diplomacy skills of Kofi annan to sell this to her. I can’t just sneak it into the bike shed.

I’ve also ran out of long lost ancestors and windfall inheritances

TimP
    Free Member

2 deeply unfashionable bikes:

Just finished 1 which is a Saracen Zen, only to discover therer is a horribel graunching from the pedal/BB area. 2011 frame so no tapered steerer, 26″ wheels and 140mm travel. Hoping a new BB and or pedals will solve the problem and I will fall off it on Sunday

The other is a Boardman FS (2011), which is waiting a new shock, due in to TF Tuned 3rd March

No-one else will be excited by either, but I am. They are also both black with some green bits on, which is nice

coomber
    Free Member

TimP I had a 26″ Zen for a few years, I really liked it. Very underrated.

TimP
    Free Member

I built it up a couple of years ago while my FS was being fixed up (just swapped all the bits over) and was pretty underwhelmed as it felt very harsh and I wanted it to be a FS. 2nd time around I know what to expect and it is built up much lighter. Think it should be a lot of fun

Solo
    Free Member

What bike are you waiting for/building up over the next few months?

I’m getting the commuter back together again. This time it’ll have RS685s and I reckon I’ll build it up around a Genesis Equilibrium disc, 2015.

cynic-al
    Free Member

My upgraded new improved full suss fattie once I get the tubes cut and filed for the back end.

core

On One Scandal V2 29er – it’s been sat around since about August waiting for a few bits……..

Need:

Chain, front and rear mechs & shifters, so close!

joshvegas
    Free Member

Epicyclo

I need more information, what precisely are you building?

SirHC

Just finished building up this:

This is in the workstand being built, although need to lower the travel on some revelations down to 100-120mm

z1ppy

Just put a deposit down, not saying wot, till I’ve got it in my greasy little hands (mid march apparently)… you never know I might change my mind 😳

nicksar
    Free Member

Dialled PA with unfashionable 26″ wheels and my FS Genesis Grapil bargin frame buy again 26″ wheels which no doubt will dismay some on here.

njee20
    Free Member

Not sure if I’ll be pulling the trigger or not (job change dependant!), but poised to order a shiny new ‘nice weather’ road bike – a Trek Emonda SLR. Been fun choosing spec. Still not totally sure on bar and stem.

mtbtomo
    Free Member

Trouble is, if I buy a frame to build up over the months, something else has usually taken my fancy before I finish the build.

Or I can’t wait to ride it, and just buy all the bits straight away, build it and ride.

I_Ache
    Free Member

This is in the process of being built, I just need to fit the gears, brakes and dropper post. I went out to finish it off on Wednesday and it had a bloody puncture. Its my first 29er and I have pinched a few things from my BFe just to get it built.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/q7xkic]Untitled[/url] by i_ache, on Flickr

I fully expect it to absolutely crap to ride.

spawnofyorkshire

Just ordered a Stanton Slackline frame this week. Using my Boardman FS as a donor bike, but just had the realisation that the only item going on the new build that originally came with the boardman is the fork!

chestrockwell

but the complete build option is apparently so good i’ll probably go for that.

Not as good as it was. They don’t do the full Deore, RS Rev + Reverb for 1k anymore. That was the killer deal IMO.

martello
    Free Member

‘I’m waiting for a Crisp Titanium road frame after someone on here made me lust after one last year, not due until August though.’
    Afraid that was me sunday wobbler, just out of curiosity when did get yourself on the build list?

Viewing 30 posts - 41 through 70 (of 70 total)

The topic ‘What bike are you waiting for/building up over the next few months?’ is closed to new replies.