Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 70 total)
  • What bike are you waiting for/building up over the next few months?
  • kudos100
    Free Member

After an awful year of almost no riding due to back problems, I decided to treat myself to a new bike this year. A nice do-it-all full susser in the form of a Bird Aeris. Hopefully will arrive at the end of March. In the meantime I am riding my other bike and trying not to think about it too much.

What bike are you waiting for?

Bregante

What bike are you waiting for?

hora’s Ritchey Road Logic

kudos100
    Free Member

hora’s Ritchey Road Logic

How long has he had it for?

Bregante

He hasn’t got it yet 😀

ojom
    Free Member

A nice new Ripley.

lunge

Currently speccing a new road bike, racey carbon frame, carbon wheels, Dura-Ace, it’s something of a dream bike and I’m very much enjoying the process of speccing it.

ssboggy

A Singular Rooster

Hopefully will arrive at the end of March.

Maybe just wishful thinking 😉

mrblobby
    Free Member

Waiting to see what the Bowman Foots Cray is like for a CX race bike build. If it ends up as described and same sort of price/quality as the Palace then I may well be having one!

Baldysquirt

Got new Surly Big Dummy and Genesis Grapil builds both about 90% there. But the last touches always take me ages. Both replacing existing bikes so the house bike total won’t change!

matther01
    Free Member

Capra AL2…10.06.15 delivery date (allegedly)

akira

Tweaking a 45650b to be bit more bling and run dirt wizards, should hopefully be a riot.

AlexSimon

I’m also waiting for an Aeris. As soon as the weather picks up, I’m going be finding the waiting very painful!

crossland
    Free Member

I am quite looking forward to picking up my new Mt 09 tracer, wont be until march 7th unfortunately, mountain bike, happy with my Roscoe, might buy disc braked roadie at some stage.

zippykona

I’m going to build this up for no other reason than I’ve got all the bits. Frame cost £25 off here. Already got the same bike built up so no reason to make another one.

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

Not the next few months but hopefully a week or so, just waiting for the last few bits to be put on this old girl, she was stripped of her gears for a winter road frame. Really looking forward to riding/racing her again, should be a bit faster/lighter/nicer with tubs on vs the standard wheels.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/qYNZRw]Untitled[/url] by monkeyfudger, on Flickr

kudos100
    Free Member

I’m also waiting for an Aeris. As soon as the weather picks up, I’m going be finding the waiting very painful!

I read your ride report.

I’m collecting the bits at the moment, as i’m getting the frame only. It is keeping me somewhat occupied. Really fun bike, I can’t wait to get it built up.

wilsation
    Free Member

I’m getting something FAT. don’t know what yet though.

porter_jamie

this is/will be my new bike (surly troll forks). its going to be for a spot of light touring. i have a set of new deore brakes as well as they were cheap. i have a front wheel too somewhere. not sure what the rest is going to be yet, i’m just checking all the usual places to see what turns up.

therag
    Free Member

Just built up a transition patrol but after one ride, I’ve done my back in again and can’t ride it for a few more days.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

I’m toying with buying/building a new road bike up, as i’m a bit bored of my doggy Allez which has done a lot of miles now.

But I can’t decide what I want, at all.

Gotama
    Free Member

The new transition transam 29er hopefully. MRP forks due mid march with frame hopefully not long after. The problem now is I have a long time to get drawn into buying expensive bits for it!

neilm
    Free Member

Just waiting for a 1978 Dave Lloyd frame and forks to be refinished at Argos in Bristol. It will then be built up using a mixture of age related parts.

I’m just about to start building up the wheels, using Mavic Module E rims and Campag Nuovo Tipo hubs.

My concessions to the modern world will be stainless db spokes, a new headset and modern tan wall tyres.

Waderider
    Free Member

I’m expecting a Trek Superfly FS9 in the next 48 hours. Excited!

j40aja
    Free Member

Giant Defy Advanced 1, already got the bike!

Just waiting on a set of Light Bicycle UD carbon rimmed wheels on Novatec hubs to finish the bike off, it’s going to be a long 4 weeks or so.

rickmeister

Looking at an ICAN fatbike.. That or a beargrease for next winter.

Alex

full susser in the form of a Bird Aeris. Hopefully will arrive at the end of March.

I hope it comes about 10 days earlier so it’s ready for our Pyrenees MTB holiday. I know Dave and Ben will do their best, but you can’t hurry the boat!

rascal
    Free Member

July..and my first Alpine trip in 8 years 8)

bigdaddy

A new Devinci Atlas 29er to reignite my racing… Should be with me at the weekend, yay!

epicyclo

1915 Grunrdleigh-Thwaite Aerolight Scout as used on the SSZ reconnaissance airships.

paule
    Free Member

Nearly finished building up a parts pile special – Duncon Cock frame, Z1 forks, singlespeed setup… pretty much a hardtail DH bike, so will either be immense fun or completely pointless (or hopefully both at the same time!)

wrecker
    Free Member

Awaiting a nice german hardtail in a lairy colour.

postierich
    Free Member

Just recently bought a Singular Puffin waiting for some rims to come into stock before the rest of the build commences!

Moses

An old Blue Dragon Kaffenback frame which has been hanging around for years. No-one wanted to buy it, so I’ll put some parts on it over the next few weeks. It’s likely to be a bit of a dog’s breakfast. My only other geared road bike , a Kona Sutra, is so heavy and unresponsive that I just can’t seem to enjoy riding it.

Northwind

Still hoping to find a Remedy 29er for a pound so I can afford it 😆 No new bikes otherwise. Unless I can sell all the crap that makes up my Official Winter Bike, and also my downhill frame, that way could lie fatbikin

epicyclo

Correction (typo):

1915 Grundleigh-Thwaite Aerolight Scout etc

satchm00
    Free Member

Not building but treating myself to Specialized Stumpjumper FSR. Will be stripping and selling two bikes to make way.

somafunk

I should get my finger out and rebuild my custom Soulcraft back up but it’s gonna cost a fortune and i’ve just spent a fortune rebuilding my Tripster so it’ll have to wait till money comes in later on in the year, I thought about selling it but it’s 26″ so totally undesireable these days. Dunno if i could part with it anyway….

jontykint
    Free Member

Upgrading my rocket to coil front and (possibly) rear, wider bars, and better brakes.

mcnultycop

Pinnacle Arkrose 4.

Looking forward to it a lot.

integerspin
    Free Member

Must get round to building my Sanderson Life.

porter_jamie, is it a Beaver?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 70 total)

The topic ‘What bike are you waiting for/building up over the next few months?’ is closed to new replies.