Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 80 total)
  • What bike are you saving for and why?
  • santacoops
    Free Member

A broad question but a good one to get the feel of who wants what in the ST community…

I’ll start, i’m nearly at the stage of ordering a Pivot Mach 6. My Mum liked the look of it, mother knows best.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Singular Rooster.Its yellow.

somouk
    Free Member

None at the moment, I’m moving back to a tatty hardtail in the hope that it will re-ignite my love of riding.

I may however consider a new bike in the coming year… Maybe a Codeine.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Something cross to go racing on.

tomhoward

None.

They’ve (biiiig upgrades to the fast road bike, and a very nice MTB) been ordered 😀

The waiting is worse now they are on order than before though 🙁

andytherocketeer

Not saving up.
    The exact bike/frame I want isn’t available. Can get close, but not close enough to make me finally make up my mind and shorten the long list to one bike.

Colin-T

Geared disk braked CX bike for commuting, touring and mucking about, there’s a lot of edge of field and farm track near me.

Also would like to replace the Sub-5 frame but its still a great bike to ride and more capable than me so I can’t justify it….yet.

scaled
    Free Member

Maintaining the current fleet is sucking up the new bike fund at the moment!

As much as I hate to admit it i’m coveting my mates new Scott Genius carbon thing, it’s ridiculously playful and not bad at all going up hill. We’d look a little silly with 3 of us on the same bikes though… As such i’ve been toying with the idea of a Cannondale Jekyll

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Might just have to be a geared, disc set up CX, as above. Lots of nice looking tracks and trails to link up around where I am now, and that would seem ideal. Keep getting drawn to the Giants in the LBS…

Just shy of a grand for that. Hmmm. Almost impulse buy territory!

However, this makes me go all tingly…

hatter

Genesis Croix De Fer in 931.

Hmmmmm, stainless….

mtbant
    Free Member

nicolai helius ac pinion, want to try out gearboxes 😀

hooli

None, it is not the bike but my lack of fitness that needs the attention.

mrblobby
    Free Member

CFH, the tingly one is on the list and would do me very nicely indeed 🙂

simon_g

Trek Stache 7, although may give it another month to see what news comes from On-One or Dialled.

Was quite surprised I liked the whole 29er thing at a demo day. Want a hardtail, don’t want a stretched-out, steep-angled race bike.

fasthaggis

Shand Stoater FT

Just need to decide on some details before ordering .

euain

Not a whole bike.. but do want a nice new Pike for the front of the Mach 5.7. It has to be black as that’s the same colour as the current Revelation so no chance of the upgrade being noticed 🙂

hora
    Free Member

Planet-X RT-57 from Brant cos I want a road bike.

TheFlyingOx

Officially, none. We have babies and houses and cars and potential emigrations to spend our wages on.

Unofficially, I squirrel away the money I have left at the end of the month in the vain hope that one day I’ll own a Canfield Brothers Yeti. It’s going to take a while…

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

it’s not so much any saving up, it’s just waiting for it to be built that’s killing me…

Liteville 301; Pikes; Syntace MX35 wheelset; etc.

cp

I nearing completion of the gathering/selling of bits/buying of bits etc… ready for a hopefully rather fetching Anthem X 29er. For general big days out & xc racing.

A build loosely based around a starting point of an Anthem X4 complete bike, is pretty much only going to be the frame which is from the complete bike and some bits from a donor bike… It got a bit out of hand though and is being blinged up a bit 🙂

Really looking forward to getting it built for several reasons….

First full sus for 11 years, it’s been hardtail and fully rigid since.
    First use of 10 speed on an mtb (and it’s 1×10)
    First use of clutch rear mechs…

I didn’t ride much last summer due to work… I’m very much hoping this summer will be as nice and I can actually get out more.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Building up my paypal account from ebay sales to buy some carbon wheels for the sunday best road bike.

dangerousbeans
    Free Member

Just trying to keep the ones we have going tbh. Can’t see me buying a new one in the foreseeable future; it’s all Triggers Broom and make do and mend nowadays.

Tracey

None at the moment, tend to buy on impulse and not been disappointed yet. Last impulse buy was a frame for Abigale off Ebay a couple of weeks ago. Got it with a few seconds to go whilst waiting to see the physics teacher at her parents evening.

andytherocketeer

Liteville 301; Pikes

That’s one of the many on the long list. A list that got longer last night when I surfed a website of a popular online MTB sales store.

wors

I fancy a Kinesis Tripster ATR.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I fancy a Kinesis Tripster ATR.

Having just looked that up, so do I!

*Tingles*

binners

I really really really want one of these…

… for the commute, which can incorporate some interesting off-road routes. The self-justification has been underway for quite some time. Somethings going to have to go though. The hardly-ever-used full suss might be on the way out. This would get considerably more use

maximusmountain
    Free Member

I am currently saving for the bits and tubes for this build. The MED Homebrew, because I want to build my own bike out of steel and its not any more expensive than buying the frames I would have bought anyway!

toxicsoks
    Free Member

Quite happy with my bikes atm, although a drivetrain upgrade on the winter/commuter roadie may be in order………………….and some lighter wheels for the MTB.

bikebouy
    Free Member

None, I have all I need now ta having just added a Cervelo R5 to my Roadie stable (I saved up for a week for it :wink:)

As for that Giant TCX Advantage ^^, I have one of those, it’s rather Ace.

Northwind

I just exited the save phase and am now splurging, on new bars, wheels, forks and possibly seatpost for my oldest bike. TBH there’s not much new that I really want, I was going to be saving for a big 29er but reviving the old bike should do the same job.

onandon
    Free Member

I can see myself swapping my onone fatbike for a nice sexy carbon beargrease or similar.
    I ideally want to build a sub 23 lb fatbike. I can see that replacing just about all of my other bikes 🙂

ads678

Just sold an inbred 29er, bought a road bike, Btwin Triban 5, and rebuilt my Old GT avalanche into a 130mm forked 1×9 narrow wide beast! For family rides!!

Want to change my Five for an Alpine 160, but won’t happen for a while. Not saving up but it’s what I want.

happyrider
    Free Member

Blimey a lot of road bikes above! To redress the STW balance, I’m saving for a YT Capra because it looks amazing and will fill the gap between a fleet of hardtails and a great big full suss beast.

TiRed

Giant Propel Advanced. For Cat3 duties (two points to go…). The R5 is nice but the Propel is practically sold out pre-order 😯

andytherocketeer

Oh. Accidentally watched a couple of fatbike vids last night too, and thought that might be more fun in a forest than I’d imagined (not just snow and beaches).

Looks like on-one have sold a few to Germany. Couple of random vids off the net and they’re all local to here.

wors

Having just looked that up, so do I!

Innit, they are lovely.

D0NK

I want to try big wheels (proper big wheels not the pretend ones) so a lightish 29er, maybe hardtail maybe short FS, not got a particular in mind really (tho this would be nice) scouring the classifieds but they are all too big, too small or silly BB standards.

That ATR looks like what I should have bought instead of the crosslight – but for 3 times the money, ah well.

spawnofyorkshire

not buying straightaway, but the new C456evo frame would happily accept all the bits from my boardman

I fancy some new wheels first though

mrblobby
    Free Member

Do like that Tripster, not sure what I’d use it for, other than scratching a Ti itch. Sort of does a bit of a few more specific bikes that I already have.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 80 total)

The topic ‘What bike are you saving for and why?’ is closed to new replies.