Viewing 33 posts - 41 through 73 (of 73 total)
  • What bike are you riding in the Alps this summer?
  • twistedpencil

First time in the Alps this summer for me and my Nicolai Helius AC 29er with 160mm Ohlins fork upfront… Bit excited.

welshfarmer

In Les Arc for last week in July if anyone else is likely to be around?

Taking the 301 providing I get the forks and stealth back from RS in time as they are having warranty work done 🙁

The website jamba refers to is

http://www.singletrack.fr/sentiers/sentiers.php

and La Varda can be found here with a gpx download (click the down arrow above the map)

http://www.singletrack.fr/sentiers/Chalets-des-Loyes,1198.html

strawb3110
    Free Member

Philstone – Cool, sounds great, I’m off to Bike Village again, be the fourth year in a row I think!

jambalaya
    Free Member

Cheers!

Voila – Chalet des Loyes

EDIT: Welsh that website is a goldmine, thanks soooo much for posting it. You never know I might see you out there if I can get organised.

maxtorque

After the last four years on my trusty and much modified Zesty:

It’s new bike time for me, taking my DuneXR this year:

😆

timidwheeler

I hate to boast but my garden is the nicest. Welsh Farmers is quite good. Needs a mow though.

snaps
    Free Member

The 170mm coil sprung Rohloff Canadian heavy weight will get two trips to the Alps, one to Italy & christmas in Portugal this year 😀

jambalaya
    Free Member

@snaps curious attachment on seat post ? can you drop the saddle ?

snaps
    Free Member

Extra bottle holder for the flowing trails where I like to ride without a backpack

But I swap the seatpost for the more techy rides

jambalaya
    Free Member

Part of life’s rich tapestry 😉

momo

I’ll be taking this to Morzine in 3 weeks, Banshee Spitfire, will not be running the carbon wheels though!

[url=https://flic.kr/p/FncGT3]Banshee Spitfire[/url] by Matt Cotterill, on Flickr

shaungero
    Free Member

Will be my first Alps trip and I will be taking my new orange five.
    I’m there for the last week of July with white room. Can’t bloody wait.

maxtorque

Nice one Shaungero! You’ll love it with TWR! Stevo and Iona are great hosts and know how to plan and execute and amazing week of riding. We’re with them at the end of june this year 😀

milky1980
    Free Member

Knew I shouldn’t have opened this thread, first year I can’t go after four on the bounce 😥

godzilla
    Free Member

TWR is awesome! Team Pat.
    No offence Iona Stevo & Alex

mrhoppy

Spectral ex for me this year, just about got everything ready, apart from my riding ability.

Maxtorque and Pat will be rekindling their bromance this year no doubt. 🙂

maxtorque

mrhoppy

Maxtorque and Pat will be rekindling their bromance this year no doubt.

I’m expecting some serious competition for the award of “Crashy McCrashFace” for the week……

😆

colp

Currently here

but on a Trek Session 88.

Will be back with it, a Ducati1098s, a Gas Gas EC300, and a Capra in July.
    Well you did ask 😉

Shackleton

Taking this to White room end of August /start of September. Banshee phantom.

Looking forward to seeing how big wheels and short travel cope in alps next to gnarpoon enduro ubersledges……

superfli
    Free Member

Enduro2 in Les Arcs in a few weeks time on my Rune (I will be running my carbon wheels, why not?!)

Then family hols in Slovenia for 2 weeks. I’ll be sneaking out for a couple of days on either the Rune or my Switchback, cant decide yet 🙂

wallop

Yep I’ve heard La Varda is back open again this year too. Haven’t ridden it for a few years now!

godzilla
    Free Member

More recent pic

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

2 months on a Meta v4 – thanks Commencal.

northernmatt

milky1980 – Member
    Knew I shouldn’t have opened this thread, first year I can’t go after four on the bounce

There’s always nest year to look forward to 😀

Must remember to take a trailer full of extra tubes next time for Jon

accu
    Free Member

for the anual trip to the alps in september I`ll take this one with me..the white one..
    but according to the wheelsize debate with a 26″ backwheel instead of the 24″ shown.. 😀
    and with coil spring shock..

10 years old, short and high.. but still my favorite choice for exploring tech trails in the valaise valley

monkeyboyjc

Possibly taking this one from Geneva to Nice in September.

jambalaya
    Free Member

That’s quite a shakedown. Given the amount of water in France at the moment at least it will float 🙂

monkeyboyjc

Not decided if I’ll go yet – had an invite and there’s a spare place.
    Ive London>Paris & Paris>Geneva so it’d round them off nicely.

anotherstan
    Free Member

surly instigator 26 plus for me.
    trail addiction first week in july, then the white room third week in july. 😀

hamishthecat
    Free Member

Liteville 301 for Enduro 2 25-27 June Les Arcs. Wish I’d started training earlier…

vickypea
    Free Member

I’ll be riding my lovely Ragley Blue Pig. Might post a photo tomorrow, can’t seem to post photos using my iPhone.

backtothetop
    Free Member

2013 orange alpine.. the same bike ill be taking next year too.

slackalice
    Free Member

This…

It’s extremely good 8)

Viewing 33 posts - 41 through 73 (of 73 total)

The topic ‘What bike are you riding in the Alps this summer?’ is closed to new replies.