Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 128 total)
  • What bike are you buying next?. Or would like to buy.
  • nim

Firstly Ton – best wishes and hope you get sorted and back out riding soon.

Bikewise I mustn’t grumble at the mo as recently bought a lovely Bianchi road bike for commuting duties and only need to order some Revs from Loco to get my Cove Hustler re-build going.

Beyond that just a frame swap as hankering after something different to my Stiffee which I still find great fun. Something steel perhaps along the lines of a Soul, Prince Albert etc or just for drooling at, a Brodie ti.

drain

Been mooching over a Blur LT, but the VT is still going strong and flatters my climbing as well as taking care of me when mincing downhill.

So something like a Pugsley just to have something very different from anything I’ve got.

Hang in there Ton. Springtime soon.

captain_bastard
    Free Member

get well soon Ton

a new road bike, something that will last an age, custom Ti or Steel. Perhaps a Roberts for steel, not so sure about Ti, a Mather would be top of my list, but not sure there available

it would be light enough to do the odd TT, comfy enough for long sportives, have rack mounts for light touring and strong enough to off road

avdave2

Whippet is top of my list at the moment. I’ll probably go for the frame only and build it up myself as I want to use the reba forks I have and go back to the rigid RC31’s I have for the current bike. I’m tempted to go for a 1 x 10 set up as well. Basically I want a light bike for the summer and longer rides and I’ll keep the Rohloff steel framed bike for the rubbish weather and the off road commute. It’s a great bike but it’s a quarter of my weight so it can seem hard work on occasions.

rp16v
    Free Member

not a new bike but a new paint job just cant decide between bumblebee yellow or the green that salsa use for alacart.

simondbarnes

Just sold my Cotic Soda. Now waiting for a Sabbath September frameset and some dura ace hubs to arrive. Sadly will have to build it up with old bits (apart from the wheels)

markenduro
    Free Member

Liking the looks of the ragley TD1 but don’t think I’d be able to do it justice, and like the singular gryphon but thankfully for my credit card they are out of stock…
    Get well soon

5spot
    Free Member

Just got this 2011 spot 😀

Leku
    Free Member

started a secret savings account just for one of these…

the_lecht_rocks

Chumba VF2 on its way to accompany the

2006 Hummer [rigid SS]
    2009 Ti456 [140mm Float 27 spd]
    2009 Nicolai Helius AM [160mm 18 spd]
    2010 Specyy tricross [rigid 20 spd]

🙂

pixelmix
    Free Member

Hope you get back on the bike soon Ton.

I’ve currently got an itching for a CX bike. After a planned house move, it will get used for commuting, the odd bit of touring, and CX racing next winter. I think that is reasonable justification. Currently I’m looking at building up one of these (without the white tyres and bar tape), as there isn’t much available that meets all of my requirements.

nodrog2
    Free Member

Hope you back up to speed soon Ton.

No real plans to buy anything new. The Stiffee, Flux, Nomad and Uncle John tick all my boxes. If i had to buy something then a down hill bike would be a welcome addition to the stable. Maybe a V10 or Intense M9 would be nice (not that i’d know what to do with them!).

keavo
    Free Member

on-one carbon race 29er frame, smoothie headset and bb92 bought. waiting for their arrival.

Harry_the_Spider

Northwind

Maybe something more XC, got a vague hankering for a Scandal 29er or a Whippet maybe but my wee carrera’s doing the XC job quite well. I do fancy a wee BMX for messing about on though.

AlasdairMc

Just ordered a Cube X Race Comp today from The Bike Chain. Quite looking forward to getting it, my first non-MTB since I was 8.

bol

Sorry to hear you’re off the bike Ton. Hope it’s a quick return.

I’m in the process of swapping my cross bike for a Planet X Ti Sportive. It’ll be my first proper road bike, but as I only rode the crosser on the road it should be a great improvement on longer rides. It’ll be built up with new 105 and Roval Pavees for a nice reliable year-round bike. Can’t wait.

warton
    Free Member

I am hovering over the buy button on one of these frames as I write this,

Just double checking sizing

psychle
    Free Member

Ooooo, that’s luverly 🙂

bunnerscj
    Free Member

Yeti big top !

4ndyB
    Free Member

Not sure what my next bike will be, but we are about to stock Cannondale, so maybe sell the Orange 5 & get a ‘Dale instead

Or a modern 120mm steel hardtail

Or a Ti frame

Or another retro project. £400 & I have built up a 24lb steel hardtail with XT drivetrain

I do know which bikes I will be keeping: 2010 Cube AMS Pro R1, ’98 Orange Clockwork & ’93 KHS Montana Pro

To anyone with health issues get well soon, it’s not fun looking at bikes & not really being able to ride them

ton

Deejay…………you old poser you….. 😉
    thanks for the kind word guy’s, and for brightening me up a bit.

tell you what is ace about this place……………the sheer diversity of the people and bikes they want and have.
    from £99 inbreds to £4999 superbikes.

it is ace…… 8)

DeeJay
    Free Member

Deejay…………you old poser you

Young at heart though 😉 and speaking of hearts I hope you can get yours kick started to a proper beat soon

nodrog2
    Free Member

from £99 inbreds to £4999 superbikes

hit the nail on the head Ton, its all bikes. Just enjoy.

Great thread BTW. Always interesting to see what makes people tick bike wise.

igm

I’m thinking Salsa Fargo with a Jones Loop-Bar, 26-36-48 chainset and an XT 10spd rear end.

stevede
    Free Member

Next week sees the arrival of 2 new bikes for me, well one new frame and one 2nd hand. A brand new cotic soul in orange to replace the mk1 i already have and have not put down since building up a few months ago and for more playbike duties/dh/dj etc i’m building up a charge blender, both nice specs with pikes,xt,slx,pro2’s,hope brakes etc. Can’t wait for next weekend, and every other weekend for that matter, good times.
    Oh also going to have to bite the bullet and get a cheap 2nd hand road bike in the next month or so as i’m doing JOGLE for charity in August and would rather it be a positive experience and since i haven’t had a road bike for 18 years or so i think it might be wise to embrace the dark side, at least until the charity ride is done and then i can retire from lycra for another 18 years!

ojom
    Free Member

Nowt for moi. Happy as is.

Alasdair – Many thanks. Good choice.

13thfloormonk

Alasdair, I wanted one of those very badly! That was the bike that sold me on the idea of CX, although what I actually ended up with was a tad different…

We’ll need to infiltrate a TBC wednesday ride with the cross bikes soon!

rewski
    Free Member

cotic soda

doom_mountain

Would love an ST4 (in green) but Ms Soda needs a new drivetrain first, she’ll always be my first love 😳

I’ve got a little savings pot going so we’ll see.

Alex

For the first time in approximately ever, I honestly don’t want anything. And I’ve had A LOT of bikes in the last 10 years. Just sold my Pace 405 after it was ridden four times in 2010.

2011 ST4 is fab. I’ve a nice Cove Hummer for FoD duties, an old DMR Trailstar LT I’ll never sell and two *ahem* road bikes. Some people still seem to think this is excessive!

GWS Ton 🙂

mcinnes
    Free Member

Ton – hope you get back riding soon mate.

For me the current obsession is something along the lines of:
    Orange Alpine 160 / Blood / transition covert / Five AM / canyon rockzone

Ideally something sturdy, slack and bouncy 🙂

big_scot_nanny

13thflormonk – I perhaps should have ben clear that my HX2 is the old model, but it does still ride fantastically, stiff as ****, you can pop off anything and fits me lovely. I think that should still apply to the new model? 😀 piccies of mine anyway. Currently looks like this (but muddier and with conti MKs)

Kuco

Either a Ragley Ti piglet or a Nukeproof Mega and a Ti road frame but don’t know which one yet.

Cubed
    Free Member

Just bought a Zesty 214 2010 in the sales. Thinking about what to do with the cube ltd team hardtail – keep or sell.
    Now thinking i may replace my old road bike frame with a planet x carbon as well.
    Projects to keep me busy as i’m still not allowed back out on the trails in case i fall over over and mess up the consultants good work on my back.
    Lots of walking and 15 minutes a day on the turbo at the moment, and no cake!!

curlie467
    Free Member

I have just built a scandal 26er but really want a longer travel hardtail, i will also be getting a cannondale caad8 roadbike.

chewkw
    Free Member

My next project, maybe if funds available, will be a Cross/Tourer/City all in one with Alfine 11. 🙂

solamanda
    Free Member

Rorschach
    Free Member

One of these

or one of these

Starting to do me nutt in now…..

racefaceec90

ton.sorry to hear that you cannot ride your bike (i hope you get back to riding soon)i haven’t ridden my bike since november (ironically it is the bike of my dreams.a 2010 giant anthem x2 that i got in august)but due to depression,i haven’t ridden for over 3 months 🙁 i will win though,and hope to maybe see you out on trails one day (i live in devizes wilts)so if you’re ever around my neck of the woods,would be happy to show you some of the trails (although you’ll kick my arse)take it easy mate. 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 128 total)

The topic ‘What bike are you buying next?. Or would like to buy.’ is closed to new replies.