Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 128 total)
  • What bike are you buying next?. Or would like to buy.
  • ton

what bike are you planning on buying next, and for what reason.

help cheer me up………….. 8)

gcaster
    Free Member

Holiday to the Alps with Riders Retreat to help me cheer up.

(Oh and everything that goes with it, bike bag, armour, assorted spares etc. How exciting(!))

schrickvr6
    Free Member

I’ve just ordered one of these…no reason I just want one. 😀

GW
    Free Member

none (would buy exactly the same frame again if any of mine snap)

Why do you need cheering up?

Vortexracing

Roadrat, to use for winter commuting. (actually it’s just another excuse to buy something different) 😉

should be her monday 😆

why are you miserable Ton?

one of these because its £1850 for a full bike!!!
    clicky

wors

A canyon grand canyon.

ton

miserable cos i cant ride still.
    not ridden since october, and cant ride for the forseable future.
    has a pretty bad effect on you, not being able to ride, when you have ridden/commuted by bike every single day of your working life.

and i love bike, so seeing what you lot have got planned to buy does cheer me up.

sad i know, but life is such.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Rediculous value from those crazy Chermans, I got a cracking deal on my frame (Less than 50% RRP) 😀

_tom_
    Free Member

Probably a DMR Bolt frame when they come out and if/when I can afford it.

NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

Currently getting together a load of parts to build a Scandal 29er.

giantjason
    Free Member

i should be taking delivery of a Nicolai Helius AC frame anyday now and cant wait to build it up.

MrKmkII
    Free Member

i was gonna get that super cheap inbred on one were selling but they’ve sold out 🙁

probably for the best! i was gonna get it as a more reliable frame for all i use mine for – xc, trail centre-ing, commuting, and ultimately touring. my kona does all this but with minimal tyre clearance, and at 14 years old i wonder if it’s due some crackage 😕

yossarian
    Free Member

Am moving house in 2 weeks time, have a new road bike to pick up the day after (giant tcr alliance), my swift is heading in for a makeover (manitou minutes, 1 x 10 xtr plus tubeless wheel setup).

Mind you I am seriously tempted by the new on one carbon 29er race. 1.1kg frame? Ding dong

GW
    Free Member

Why can’t you ride? injury? been thru that so know what it’s like but luckily I had other more important things to think about at the time.

gecko76

Croix de Fer or similar for commuting duties. Depends if the Bike2Work scheme is still running this year.

ton

GW, bit of a heart problem, nothing too serious, just **** annoying.

and i have nothing else to fill my time.
    life is good, eldest has left home, youngest is 14 so never see her cos she is out with mates.
    i usually swim once a week, cant do that, i walk the dog, can do that for 30 mins.
    hate reading books.
    cycling, and planning cycling trips/hols/meets is what i love.

13thfloormonk

One of these:

fitted with these:

and some of these:

with these rotors:

and probably this post:

these bars:

DT 340 rear hub, Pro 2 20mm front hub, silver DT spokes, WTB laserdisc trail rims, and either some Bontrager XR/FR4s, Conti Mountain Kings or some similar fat tubeless ready ‘trail’ tyre. Might even try tubes again for ease of use.

XTR front mech because they’re the best I’ve ever used, SLX 10spd rear, SLX chainrings on old octalink XT cranks, prob SLX shifters.

Just waiting for bits to arrive now!

ton

13thmonk…………mansize (29r) version?

GW
    Free Member

that sounds shite! 🙁
    get well soon!
    hopefully you’ll be able to manage a little gentle exercise again soon.

shredder
    Free Member

Just ordered this frame Helius CC in this colourway, build coming across from my Mojo frame now sold.

(Not my pic)

Cant wait 😀

13thfloormonk

Nah… a winter on the cyclocross bike has me slightly 29-er curious, but not enough to overcome my preconceptions and ludditery!

I’m building this for long distance trails in the highlands, so big wheels would help with the miles, but I like the idea of small wheels for the nadgery technical climbs etc.

ton

shredder………….i once owned a bike just like that… 😉

and i have not forgotten that i still owe you a favour.

13thmonk, i had a chumba hx2 29r, fantastic build quality.
    quite fancy one of the new ones.
    and Si is a great bloke to deal with.

MoreCashThanDash

In all probability, a cheap second hand InBred to build up as a SS winter hack.

When the lottery comes up/a long lost and forgotten aunt turns her toes up, then:

An Alfined Sanderson Soloist for winter off road use

A blinged 2×10 Soda for dry and dusty days

A custom built Enigma with Dura Ace for sportives

A custom steel Mercian Audax with an Ultegra triple set up as a winter road/light touring bike

Still undecided about a skill compensating 5 Spot for exploring the Peaks and an Alfined Road Rat as the hack/pub bike just to complete the stable……

shredder
    Free Member

No worries Ton might call it in one day, get well my friend.

lowey

Well never got a christmas bonus this year so waiting till December again to see if I can build my dream up.

Sorry to hear your still off the bike Tony. Any sign of them getting things “restarted” so to speak ?

matt23
    Free Member

Orderred a Whyte 146 Works….October….still wiating for it to arrive! Upgraded the forks to Kashima coating and new XTR Trail pedals.

peteimpreza

Have the itch for a CX bike.

ton

Dave, waiting for a date with the cardiologist.
    so hopefully not too long.
    what bike you fancying?

xherbivorex
    Free Member

i’m still hankering after a transition covert.
    if (no, when!) i get one i’ll get rid of all three of my current bikes (norco six, cove stiffee and kona shred) and probably also build up a budget steel ht for pub/shopping duties.
    i’ll have to sell a lot of stuff to afford to do this though…

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

Just putting together an inbred 29er as my new bikepacking bike. It’s fitted with Salsa Enabler forks so has 2 rear wheels (front is a SS hub) just in case I rip my mech off or freehub packs in. Looking forward to it … get well soon Ton, I was hoping this year might be the year you’d be doing the Welsh Ride Thing.

ton

stuart, it is penned in my ‘things to do’ list. 8)

chiefgrooveguru

Hope the heart problems resolve ok! My Dad had heart trouble and one of the things he was ok to do was cycle, so we did a lot of gentle MTBing together in the decade from the late ’80s. I’m non-cycling for a couple of months due to a broken ankle and I’m thus wasting hours thinking about gear…

So, back on topic, I’d like a 16″ Carbon 456 with a fairly light build (X0 componentry would be nice), double+bash, Gravity Dropper post, big tyres run tubeless (I really like the Bontrager XR4 2.2, am curious about how slow / mud-friendly the huge 2.35 would be?), and a 100-160mm bolt-thru fork so I can run steeper head angles for the local twisty woodland singletrack and then slacken it off for trips to Wales and The North.

Some thinner flat pedals would be nice (currently have V12s which are great but I can see the benefits of going thinner). Faultless brakes (Avid Elixir R qith 160s have been perfect thus far). Good bearings (Hope etc) and light stiff wheels (no idea!) Unfortunately I’m not a good enough rider to justify a more hardcore bike so it will have to wait! Alternatively I’d like a Ragley Piglet if it was 160mm friendly, or an Mmmbop if they still sold it. (Yes, cf, steel, aluminium alloy, it matters not!)

I don’t want two bikes (!!!) and I don’t want to faff with rear suspension, plus I like the direct feel of a HT, don’t need rear sus to go faster for 90% of my riding (because it isn’t rocky round here), and I like getting better at pumping. Now I’ve ridden some of the bigger rockier stuff I can appreciate the benefits of a slacker head angle for that – but I don’t want a bike that steers like a truck and pedals uphill like I’m towing one, when I’m riding my normal woodland singletrack which is often only slightly downhill and can be flat or even the wrong way round with respect to gravity.

Jamie
    Free Member

Have the itch for a CX bike.

+1….that or a road bike.

epicsteve
    Free Member

No real plans for another bike at the moment but when my current Bike-to-Work thing ends I’ll no doubt be very tempted by a Cotic-X.

Almost treated myself to an expensive road bike at Christmas (even had spending permission from SWMBO) and was condisering an Enigma Extensor, but saw sense and bought a cheaper bike (Boardman Team Carbon) instead.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

So Ton, you’re getting us lot to buy bikes to satisfy your notorious bike buying habit are you?

With 4 bikes Mrs Coolhandluke would flip if I said I wanted another one. I’d have to see at least one to allow another one in.

Thing is, i love them all so I’m not buying.

Hope you’re riding again soon mate.

lowey

Ton, depending on level of said bonus I have it down to 3.

Carbon Nomad
    5 Spot
    Nicolai Helius AM.

Let us know how you get on with the cardio mate. Soon as your fit, Me and Graham are taking you out big fella!

Buzzlightyear
    Free Member

Currently considering:

or

mamadirt
    Free Member

Just accumulated all the bits for a new tiny Inbred build – geared this time – but to be honest I’ve lost interest as I’m pretty happy with my Commencal at the mo’ – probably the best all-round bike I’ve ever had (yeah, don’t we always say that 😆 ) – so I’ll be ebaying most of the Inbred bits this weekend. Still need a project though so I have my eye on a super-tiny late 90s BMX frame and forks for a restoration project to try to recapture my forties 🙄 – watch this space for more injury pics 😆

Take care Ton – hope you’re back on the bike real soon.

doof_doof
    Free Member

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 128 total)

The topic ‘What bike are you buying next?. Or would like to buy.’ is closed to new replies.