• This topic has 18 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by dti.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • What bib shorts?
  • Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

It would appear my Madison undershorts have died, and are now eating my backside. Any recommendations for some bib shorts to replace them? I’ll be buying a couple of pairs, around the 35 quid (each) mark?.

jam-bo

bit more than your price point, but I’m really impressed with the new howies 3/4 bibs I’ve just got. most comfortable shorts i’ve used.

MoreCashThanDash

Howies are very nice

hilldodger
    Free Member

See if Prendas have anything on sale – top quality stuff and really helpful to deal with

http://www.prendas.co.uk/

lunge

Planet-X/On-One Pro line stuff is good for that price, these or these are a good start.

Or try my default option of Decathlon stuff, the new collection 700 series has the best pad but the 520 series stuff has last year top level pad which I think is very good indeed.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Castellis and Shimanos (check sizing – designed for skinny Italians) have been personal favourites, but I probably need to buy some new shorts as I’ve not bought new ones in about six years…!

As an aside, a friend did the LEL in the latest gen of Howies shorts and highly recommends them.

ransos
    Free Member

I bought some lusso bibs from CRC at about that price. Very comfy but size up slightly large. You won’t go wrong with DHB as an alternative.

freeagent
    Free Member

rode from London to Snowdon last autumn in the better quality Decathlon bibs – think they are £35-£40 a pair…

davosaurusrex

Another vote for Howies. Got a pair of the 3/4s on the way. Check out the reviews on roadcc

lunge

rode from London to Snowdon last autumn in the better quality Decathlon bibs – think they are £35-£40 a pair..

Yep, I did 300 miles in 1 day in a pair, no issues at all (well, there were but none short related…).

DaveRambo

I’d be buying one pair of £70 bibshorts rather than 2 £35 pairs.

Having spent between £20 and £130 on shorts over the years I found that £70ish is the price where you get decent quality. My Endura bib shorts have lasted around 5 or so years of weekly use.

Howies bibs next on my list to try

iainc

DHB are a good shout, although the cheaper ones are pretty thin.

lemonysam
    Free Member

I’ve put a few thousand miles into my crafts and they’re good as new – £34.95:

http://startcycles.co.uk/clothing/craft-performance-bike-padded-cycling-bib-shorts-1900681.html

edit: Just noticed they only have XS in stock.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I’d be buying one pair of £70 bibshorts rather than 2 £35 pairs.

I’ll be using them biking abroad, riding every day, so need to have a pair to use alternately. I’ll have a run up to Decathlon and try theirs on, they’ll be below baggies so I don’t really care how they look tbh.

Having spent between £20 and £130 on shorts over the years I found that £70ish is the price where you get decent quality. My Endura bib shorts have lasted around 5 or so years of weekly use.

My Lusso winter tights get used every day that I commute (3 or 4 times a week) and have lasted 5 years, cost me £30.

leftyboy
    Free Member

I’ve just bought these which are ~ £45 and I’ve found them really good so far (only 3 rides so YMMV)

3/4 Bib shorts

richardthird

Decathlon will be fine.

For under baggies I buy a size larger for comfort.

tthew

Pleased that the Howies are getting rave reviews, I just ordered a pair this lunch time.

chakaping
    Free Member

Cyclestore often have good deals, Ribble too.

dti

another vote for the howies here, just better than gore and a lot better than the others have.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘What bib shorts?’ is closed to new replies.