Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 366 total)
  • What BBC channel is the Olympic mtb on?
  • B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Rusty, In an earlier interview, annie said the start grid is according to world ranking and she was 4th in the grid, yet she is world ranked 5th, so I don’t quite get that.

brakes
    Free Member

maybe one of the top 5 isn’t racing today

Ceebug
    Free Member

I’m enjoying it, but Chris Boardman does talk quite a lot of pish. Who is the other commentator?

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

I don’t quite get that.

Someone crashed a few days ago in training and broke their collarbone so that might explain it

brakes
    Free Member

Ed Leigh, snowboarder and presenter of ski sunday and red bull x-fighter with Rob Warner

richie_boy
    Free Member

Just be glad we don’t have to suffer Porter or Liggot’s dulcet tones

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

Looks great but how they can claim its technical when they are riding hard tail hybrids is beyond me

Technical for a cross country race.

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

doppleganger

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

He is correct, a lot of riders are riding tubs

Yes, I’d trust Boardman’s info/knowledge over a bunch of numptys on here. 🙂

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

We need more slo-mo shots!

richie_boy
    Free Member

Also glad that for the last 42 minutes I haven’t heard the words “Legacy” or “Addlington” mentioned once

crankbreaker

Not enough focus on Miss Batty for my liking!

brakes
    Free Member

so will the course be available to ride afterward the Olympics?

timax
    Free Member

Got to say… Boardman is bigin the mountain biking up quite well… I’m surprised a bit!

Should have had Rory Hitchens though… old school but no fool!

Still can’t believe I’m sat here watching CX mountain biking ..at home .. in HD… good times 8)

racefaceec90

will they be keeping the course after the olympics? ah didn’t see the above post 😳

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

will they be keeping the course after the olympics?

Yep. Some changes, apparently, but the technical sections being left intact.

richie_boy
    Free Member

Neither Spitz or Swallows can ride that rock garden

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

Got to say… Boardman is bigin the mountain biking up quite well… I’m surprised a bit!

He’s quite into it, He does after all sponsor Annie, Kenta Galhager and Grant Furgason.

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Urban myth is that the course will be open but without the really rocky bits, so I guess it’ll be the mother of all family cycle parks.

Would be nice to keep the technical sections but I can’t see it, unfortunately

giantonagiant

“Neither Spitz or Swallows can ride that rock garden”

😯

It does look quite tricky to be fair.

stumpy01

Spitz has nicked my signature ‘over the bars on rocky descent’ move……

chrismac

It might be technical for an xc race but it’s supposed to be mountain biking and this whilst looki g great on the t. Isn’t mountain biking

brakes
    Free Member

Spitz or Swallows

😀

crazy-legs

Annie seems to have blown up a bit. 🙁

Rumours about the course are just that – rumours. There’s no way it’ll stay in it’s current form, it’s way too technical for most people and it’s got a high penalty for failure.

timax
    Free Member

Ed Leigh… Snow Boarder!!! Present Sky on
    Sunday too!! 😐

bratty

Is it just an optical illusion, or does the french girl have see-through shorts on?

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

It might be technical for an xc race but it’s supposed to be mountain biking and this whilst looki g great on the t. Isn’t mountain biking

Don’t be a bell-end.

IanMunro
    Free Member

He’s right.
    I haven’t see one podgy IT manager wobbling round a car park yet.

brakes
    Free Member

and they didn’t have a cake stop half way up the first climb

mrmo
    Free Member

And what pray tell is mountain biking?

grievoustim
    Free Member

of course it’s mountain biking – you don;t have a clue

Incredibly impressed by thew quality of the coverage -slo mo tracking shots down the descents etc. I think its easy to forget how much effort has gone into making this both a challenging course – and look good on TV

crazy-legs

Chrismac: you’re right, it’s not MTBing in the STW sense cos they haven’t stopped at the top of every descent to extend forks, drop seatposts, talk bollocks and eat cake. Neither have they wasted hours on an internet forum talking about how radcore they are or asking what tyres for Hadleigh Farm.

😉

But other than that, this is what World Cup and Olympic XC MTB racing looks like.

fervouredimage
    Free Member

He’s right.
    I haven’t see one podgy IT manager wobbling round a car park yet.

I knew there was something missing.

nmdbase
    Free Member

Boardman just said they are running tubular tyres that are glued on to the rims, wrong bikes fatboy.
    He is correct, a lot of riders are riding tubs

Tubeless not tubs, and I need to pump my forks up to stop me going over the bars lol

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

LOL @Ian Munro

tomhoward

No wheelying fives either…

Course looks like a giggle too, not super gnarr, but enough to entertain.

nmdbase
    Free Member

I eat my words, you can get tubular MTB tyres!!!!

GregMay
    Free Member

Tubular tyres for MTB rock. Fullstop.

Duggan

Really enjoying this, no idea what the course is like to ride but seems good for spectating at any rate.

Whoever halfway up the thread said ‘this isn’t mtbing’- well done, possibly the most idiotic comment I’ve seen on here and that’s some going.

Houns

I’ve always been the first to defend this course. I’ve also always said mtbing on tv is boring

This is great!!

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 366 total)

The topic ‘What BBC channel is the Olympic mtb on?’ is closed to new replies.