Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • What BB standard is PF 46×68???
  • mtbtomo
    Free Member

What does PF46x68 refer to for a bottom bracket shell?

Is it the same as press fit 30?

And what BB do I need to allow me to fit a Shimano road crank with the 24mm axle (external BB style)??

LeeW

Hope/Chris King have a compatibility page which should help you.

grim168
    Free Member

https://www.orrobikes.com/accessories/bottom-bracket-pyro-gold-stc-yara I have this in my orro. It was replaced with a praxis bb.

mtbtomo
    Free Member

Grim- why did you replace with a praxis rather than the same again?

grim168
    Free Member

Constant creaking from new. The praxis is outboard and a screw together collet type. No creaking now!
    https://praxiscycles.com/conversion-bb/

mboy
    Free Member

is it the same as press fit 30?

Yes… Press Fit 30 is more commonly known as PF46 in the industry, where BB86/92 is known and PF41.

Just a note though, as PF46 is 68mm wide for road, but 73mm for MTB.

Anyway…

And what BB do I need to allow me to fit a Shimano road crank with the 24mm axle (external BB style)??

Praxis do a nice conversion BB that will do the job. Or Hope also do a nice one too. Both natively compatible with a 24mm Shimano axle, and no need for any adapters or the like.

mtbtomo
    Free Member

Ok, so I bought a praxis works and it won’t fit. The BB shell has a nut embedded inside it which holds the under frame cable guide.

It stops me pressing the BB through the shell. It wouldn’t interfere with the crank axle clearly, but I clearly have a problem with a continuous style of BB assembly. 🙁

What now?

drovercycles
    Free Member

We’ve had this before with that Praxis BB. There’s a Wheels Manufacturing one which has fitted when the Praxis one won’t as it has a lower-profile/thinner/narrower/whatever sleeve.

mtbtomo
    Free Member

Thanks Drover, was beginnning to wonder if that was why the frame was cheap!

Going to go to my LBS tomorrow and see if they have any other brands I can actually look at, now I know what won’t fit.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘What BB standard is PF 46×68???’ is closed to new replies.