Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • What bb mounted chain device?
  • gdj001
    Free Member

Apologies if this has been asked recently, but im going round in circles searching for recommnedations on a decent chain device.

So it needs to fit a 32 tooth chainring (i’m going from 2×10 so i’m used to spinning), be fairly quiet and be a bb mounted one. The bike is a stumpjumper FSR.

Thanks

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

blackspire stinger. Both my HT and FS have them (2×9) and every bike in the bikeverbier garage on a recent holiday had one.

Or you could go for the superstar copy, but every time someone buys one of their products a crow scratches a baby’s face and a fairy drowns in kitten tears.

Not sure what circles you going in, Stinger seems pretty universally recommended. CRC pricing is a bit whack, they are currently £22.50 but were £14 not long ago and seem to bounce between the 2.

gdj001
    Free Member

The blackspire stinger can be used 1×10? it says for 2x on the crc site.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    anotherstan
    Free Member

ive used a couple of mrp 1x with no issues in the past but currently running n-gear jump stops and bash rings on the guapo and ti456 and have no complaints.
    also have the superstar something-or-other on the ventana, again, no issues.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

its can take 2 rings but chain runs in ‘groove’ on it in the ‘big’ ring (ie. 32T)-the chain will only run on the higher step for the granny when its been dragged there by a mech. If you adjust the stinger close to the ring (as you wont need to accommodate a bash guard against the outer lip it can sit closer) I would have thought it would be spot on.

if you google image ‘blackspire stinger’ theres pics of them on single ring setups (in second and third rows on my search), I’d link directly but I’m on a POS computer with a crap browser not sure if this’ll work

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘What bb mounted chain device?’ is closed to new replies.