Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • What battery pack/bar mount for LUU Light body?
  • ncfenwick
    Free Member

Hi,

I picked one of these up for £9.99 from on-one the other day but unfortunately they do not sell seperate battery packs or bar mounts.

Can anyone advise what I need to get this light working and mounted on my bars.

Cheers

DrP

Are you sure they’ll post it out? It was a pricing error and they canceled a lot of orders…

DrP

ncfenwick
    Free Member

Yeah received the light ok, guess they honoured orders while stock lasted.

Can anyone recommend another outlet for batteries/accessories?

Cheers

neninja
    Free Member

Smudge will probably be able to help if he knows what connectors it has.

If there’s a screw hole for a mount the Hope universal mount at CRC for less than £10 will probably work or the Magiclight mount from here – http://www.magiclight.co.uk/handlebarmount.html

catfishsalesco
    Free Member

The light mount for these is a rubber / plastic ring with the mount at the bottom- the light kit came with several of these housings and corresponding bar / helmet mounts. There is a metal locking assembily at the top of the housing that lets you remove the light body.

As for connecting the battery, it came with a AA case that screws directly onto the threads arround the connector on the back of the light body or with an exteral battery pack & leads. On my LUU light there is a rubber grommit that goes over the threads & holds the battery lead in place- the Battery pack is a 2 cell Lion pack I think.
    The battery leads look like standard DC jacks, but the plugs have o-rings on them to seal / stop them falling out of the sockets. I’m away from all my kit at the mo otherwise I would send you some pictures.

Also, bit cheeky, but if you cant find an easy way to use this light, I would happily buy it off you!

wwaswas

I’m sure someone off here got one of the battery holders but no lamp body?

catfishsalesco
    Free Member

On-one still have a few of the battery cases in stock

ncfenwick
    Free Member

On-one still have the screw-in AA battery packs but I am after an ‘external’ li-ion rechargable type (with suitable leads).

I think the Nukeproof Reactor lights have the same battery?

Any ideas?

smudge
    Free Member

Im not 100% sure,

But whizz Troutie an email as he may of repaired/upgraded one in the past and could help you out further. Worth a shot

catfishsalesco
    Free Member

I think the nukeproof lights have the same external pack & leads, but the bar / helemet mounts are sightly differant

smudge
    Free Member

For a Li-Ion battery & charger you are looking at around £50-60.

One cheaper option would be to buy the AA holder and run an extension cable so it doesnt stick out of the back of the light so far and velcro it under the stem?

The connectors look like 2.1mm DC power types, I say look as I dont have one to hand to check with

ncfenwick
    Free Member

Cheers all,

Image of rear connector here…

Am I looking for something like this?

From CRC but discontinued

Or this?

From Dealextreme

Smudge – Where can I get an extension for the AA pack?

Cheers again.

smudge
    Free Member

you want something like this.

extension lead

I’m sure I still have couple lying around. Send me an email with your address and I will pop one in the post to you.

neuneu
    Free Member

I’m also in the position of the OP. I’m having trouble finding a mount which will hold the 4cm diameter of the light.

Anyone know anything suitable?

carerrarider
    Free Member

Hi I have 3 brand new LUU 900 Lumen light bodies for sale £40 each. Email me if your interested.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘What battery pack/bar mount for LUU Light body?’ is closed to new replies.