• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • What Bargain Super Commuter/Road/CX Disc Bike or Frame???
  • Gee76
    Free Member

Looking for the collective view on the best way to jump with a winter build I’m working on.

Love my mountain bikes but enjoyed a bit or the road commute to work last year. I did a bit on a skinny wheel/tyred 29er but then I bought a nice carbon road bike. I liked it but as always upgradeitis bit and now looking to build something a bit different for next years commute and maybe the road jaunt with my keen roady mates.

I plan to do a carbon wheel-build but coming from MTB’s, I also plan to go the disc route and maybe run di2 so tidy internal routing would be nice. Thru axles also make sense to me so would be nice. Carbon would be nice but not averse to Ti (but seems a bit more weighty maybe).

I quite fancy a Disc road frame but they seem a bit pricey at the mo being relatively new. Although maybe last years Orbea Avant or Roubaix Disc could be an option?. Or something I’ve missed?.

Other thought could be going the Chinese carbon disc road frame route. Quite happy using Carbon wheels so comfortable-ish re the usual concerns/potential pitfalls. Not sure I’ve spotted a thru-axle version yet tho or have I missed something?.

Third option might be CX bike. They seem to have gone the disc route a bit ago so prices seem a bit more favorable. Something with a bit of road bias maybe with slightly shorter stays/wheelbase and taller headtube maybe.

As you can tell I’m not hard over either way (I don’t think). Just after something light, efficient and fairly comfy to hand the bits I’ve been duped into thinking I need on.

What say ye??? 😀

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘What Bargain Super Commuter/Road/CX Disc Bike or Frame???’ is closed to new replies.