Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • What bargain 4" travel frame for Enduro type riding?
  • ddmonkey

As above, what's a bargain second hand or cheap new and would work well as a long distance ride? Simple as possible, all I can think of at the moment is an old Marin perhaps or a Orange Sub 5 in good nick. Any ideas?

thomthumb
    Free Member

nrs

ddmonkey

Giant NRS? Any particular year? Cheers!

Rickos
    Free Member

What's your definition of enduro? Enduro seems to be used for mega avalanche and stage singletrack/DH type events (like Kona Mash-Up) these days, so I doubt you mean the same thing.

z1ppy

Marin Quad suspension (mount vision pre-08 model), light, perform well and seemingly damned cheap, not just cause I have one to flog…

RustyMac

these are up in the classified section

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/fs-small-clear-out-1

seem to fit your bill

ddmonkey

Rickos sorry yes I meant enduro as in XC rather than DH enduro, so 100km xc type rides up and down.

Rusty I'm 6'1" so they look a bit small and I wouldn't touch a Scott Genius with a barge pole I'm afraid!

z1ppy I was mainly after ideas at the moment but drop me some pics and info to timbo_tepATyahoo.co.uk and I'll let you know.

toaster93
    Free Member

Giant NRS anyday. Have a 2002 team with full XT as my only bike, and it's awesome.

See link below for pics 😉
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/44125654@N05/

wwaswas

I'd agree with the NRS – I own one.

But then I've never ridden any other suspension bike so it's an easy recommendation to make 🙂

z1ppy

ddm – no problem will sort it out later hopefully, though I'll have to give it a clean or locate some piccy's of it built up.. .

thomthumb
    Free Member

yeah a giant – apologies for the short answer – attention span like a goldfish!!

I had the one below (03). i sold it because i wanted discs (new wheels) and the new forks – at the time the best way to do this was to buy a new bike.

i still think about buying another one. be careful with the rear end, iirc, there is a bearing that tends to seize then wear the metal it sits in or something? (not a problem unless you let your bearings seize)

z1ppy

ddmonkey what's your email?

jasonm945
    Free Member

Giant Trance Frames are going cheap at the mo, a little weighty but the suspension feels bottomless!

I rode a couple of Merida's on my 2005 Marin Wolf Ridge. Only Marin I regret getting rid of!

Jay

chakaping
    Free Member

If you're thinking about a Trance, I have a medium '08 frame I'll be flogging soon.

Very light and has a Pushed Float R so rides very sprightly.

Email in profile if interested, apologies for spamming if not.

ddmonkey

Hi All,

e-mail is timbo_tepATyahooDOTcoDOTuk

Cheers!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘What bargain 4" travel frame for Enduro type riding?’ is closed to new replies.