Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • what baggy front tyre?
  • thepodge
    Free Member

I’m running a kenda Nevegal on a WTB Lazer Disc rim and it’s an absolute bugger to get the thing to seat properly. Fine when I’m at home with soap and a track pump, not so fine when I’m out and about.

Having just ripped a hole in the sidewall I figure it’s time to replace it. I know some tyres tend to come up a bit larger than others round the bead so does anyone have any suggestions?

Needs to be 26″ and used on the front in the Peak district

Thanks

getonyourbike
    Free Member

All folding Maxxis tyres I’ve had slip on really easy.

fadda

I have those rims on one of my bikes, and they’re much more difficult to get a tyre on and properly seated than the others… (Flow’s…)

thepodge
    Free Member

Yeah, quite a few people have said that they are difficult rims.

I’m very tempted to get an new front wheel and sell this one.

I’ll check out the Maxxis range thanks

Any more for any more?

rocketman
    Free Member

although I didn’t like most of them, every folding Schwalbe I’ve had has gone on to a variety of rims very, very easily and by the same token there’s no need for levers to take them off.

Rocket Rons were the easiest they feel like cardboard. 2.1 Nics require no effort, 2.25s are easy and even a Snakeskin 2.4 is no trouble

2.25 Ralphs, Fat Alberts both OK

Even 2.4 wire bead 2 ply Big Bettys are easy to fit.

Matt24k
    Free Member

Any thing with a wire bead can be tricky on certain rims eg DT Swiss 5.1’s.
    The best advice I got was to make sure that the bead in fully in to the deepest part of the well of the rim when you try and get the last bit over.

Del

those lasers disc wheels are a pain to get tyres seated for sure. fortunately i’ve knackered mine so they’re about to be replaced. 😀
    i’m not a fan of folders on the front as in cases of sudden loss of air you can roll the tyre off the rim very easily, making a bad situation potentially worse.
    maybe try panaracers? have found those to move around on other rims i’ve used them on ( specifically cinders and rampages ). it’s the only time you’ll find me recommend them though cos i’m not a fan of them as tyres TBH.

IA

As above, panaracers are well slack, reckon I could pull one off with my tongue.

thepodge
    Free Member

Not sure fitting with my tongue is wise but thanks

stumpy01

Specialized Purgatory (in fact, Spesh tyres in general) goes on nice & easy IME.

thepodge
    Free Member

I’ve had an offer of a High roller & a new wheel so I think I’ll go for that combo to cover all bases

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘what baggy front tyre?’ is closed to new replies.