• This topic has 57 replies, 56 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by joe67.
Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • What backpack do you use?
  • iainc

I have 2 EVOC’s, the back protector ones. A 10l that I use most of the time, and a 20l that I use for big days/out with groups etc.

Great packs, expensive, but after years of Camelbak Mule’s I find them more comfy, more stable and with the reassurance of the protector, as I have been known to fall off 🙂

andybrad

I have a mavic one. Its good but just good. Im a bit miffed at the cost.

If i was buying again id buy an ospray one. But then everyone has one and thats the reason i didnt get one last time.

a11y

iainc – Member
    I have 2 EVOC’s, the back protector ones. A 10l that I use most of the time, and a 20l that I use for big days/out with groups etc.

Great packs, expensive, but after years of Camelbak Mule’s I find them more comfy, more stable and with the reassurance of the protector, as I have been known to fall off

Same as me. 10L EVOC most of the time, and a 20L one when I need extra carrying capacity (which TBH is rare). Find them much more stable than anything else. Wouldn’t ride without a back protector type bag now.

Rik
    Free Member

Have they improved the zips on the more recent Wingnut bags?

They used to be terrible and the only reason I said I wouldn’t buy another one as everything else was perfect.

Gotama
    Free Member

I have a black wingnut hyper 2.5 that I would be happy to offload if someone wants to make me an offer. It’s hardly been used as I rarely ride with a pack. Happy to send some pics across.

DrP

I’m a serial bag swapper..

I’ve always said the Wingnut is the best design, really poorly executed. Minimal features, thin fabric, and poor zips.

I’m on a camelbak Charge LR at the mo – much better build quality, almost as comfy as the wingnut, MUCH tougher.

I’m tempted by those source ones on facebook (and I see on the STW front page now!)… though I can’t justify more bags at present!

DrP

Akers

Osprey Raptor 10 for me. Light, comfortable and Osprey aftercare is superb.

stewartc
    Free Member

Have a Mavic 8.5L and an Evoc 16L Enduro, both do the job well and hold a 3L bladder, the Evocs used for those long day rides and the Mavic does well for shorter jaunts. Both seem to be of good build and are coping well.

winston
    Free Member

Just replaced my 2003 Mule this year with a Skyline. Mule still going strong despite being used 100’s of times (bladder replaced obvs) but just fancied a change. Also have a Camelbak Octane XCT for when I used to run ultra’s – they just seem to work and go on for ever.

blueflamespecial
    Free Member

richardkennerley – Member
    I’ve had a lezyne adroit pack for 5-6 years, it’s been brilliant, really well thought it inside, good storage on the outside, extra sturdy. It’s just started to look a little tired so I thought I’d ask for a replacement for my birthday, but lezyne don’t make packs anymore!! Moved onto an ergon bx3,or ba3, I forget which. Not used properly yet, looks nice though.

I’ve got the bx3 and it’s very comfortable. The reason I got it was because of the adjustable length – most packs out there don’t really cater to tall people and you end up with the waist strap halfway up your torso.

Not as good a layout as a dakine/osprey/camelbak but I can live with that for the comfort benefits.

H1ghland3r
    Free Member

I’m using a USWE Airborne9. After using a long list of Camelbak’s and variants I was never happy with the pressure around the waist when done up or the lack of stability without it.
    The sternum strap, that the USWE packs use, completely negates this issue. I forgot I was wearing it after 5 minutes, it’s super easy to get on and off and completely stable.

It doesn’t really work if you are a lady though.. But I’m not so I don’t worry about that.!!

mmannerr

First gen Ergon BX3 here, new one seems to have better access to pockets on the front but other than that the this one has been good for five years.
    I think I have had 10-12 different packs before Ergon and it was first that really fits. It is also fairly light and so cofy thatI often use it without bladder for short rides.

Looking Camelbak LR models now but I have to try them on before buying.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Evoc with protector – comfy and perhaps larger than I need but don’t notice it tbh.

As others have mentioned, wouldn’t ride with out a protector now after doing some damage on a local trail.

guglielmo
    Free Member

Another CB Lobo here, it’s great. Room for pump, tube, tools, food etc and light n easy when less full. Great pack, magnetic straw catch is super useful too

rascal
    Free Member

OP here…thanks for the replies.
    Seems to be a lot of love for the Wingnut and Osprey…not so much for the Mule I started the thread for opinions of 😉 As I said there’s niot really anything wrong with the Vango Rapide 20 I have so might stick with it…after all it has a cover and a 3ltr Camelbak bladder in it anyway. Interesting to hear what people are using though…

poah
    Free Member

evoc FR lite – not the biggest though. back protector works

control67
    Free Member

Kriega R25 with the hydration bladder and a Kube pocket on the left strap. It’s the most comfortable backpack I’ve used and has survived 5 years of heavy use, including motorcycle touring as well as cycling in all weathers often overloaded. It’s not entirely waterproof but keeps out the worst of the rain.

joe67
    Free Member

Osprey viper 9

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘What backpack do you use?’ is closed to new replies.