Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • what axle lengh on a cotic soul
  • SlowJohn
    Free Member

i have a soul frame and have just acquired some isis middleburns. Can i use 118mm BB or does it need to be 113mm and what difference will it make. I can only seem to find skf BBs in 118mm.

SlowJohn
    Free Member

Also anybody know of another good isis BB

kelvin

Which version Soul? Does it have a 68mm or 73mm BB shell? Does it have dents in the chainstay by the chainrings?

Somewhere from the back of my head comes the thought that you can run the recommended 113mm axle on the olde Souls (68mm shell and indentations in the chainstay) but not on the later versions. You’ll need to check with Paul @ Cotic on Monday. 118mm should work with any version of the Soul, but you’ll throw the chainline out a bit. Are you running 2 or 3 chainrings? 118mm may be fine with granny/middle/bash combo.

kelvin

Another good ISIS BB? No! Using a skf one myself on a Simple with Middleburns.

Oh, my last comment should be checked and double checked, I’m quite likely to be wrong, my memory isn’t perfect.

SlowJohn
    Free Member

ill be using three rings and its the new model soul tis brand new with a 73mm shell

Ishouldbeworking
    Free Member

SlowJohn did you get an answer to this before I contact Cotic in the morning?

Cheers

Dave

nbt

I ran a 118 octalink BB on my MkII soul

SlowJohn
    Free Member

im running a middleburn so they say it needs to be 113mm

Ishouldbeworking
    Free Member

I’m planning on fitting a middleburn here too, have you put it on yet?

Cheers, Dave

SlowJohn
    Free Member

alright dave, ues i have tried it today (took me a while to get an skf BB) it fits perfectly

Ishouldbeworking
    Free Member

excellent, cheers

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘what axle lengh on a cotic soul’ is closed to new replies.