Viewing 32 posts - 121 through 152 (of 152 total)
  • What are your regrets in life ?
  • plop_pants
    Free Member

Not insisting my son was moved to Kings College hospital in London for live saving surgery as soon as our local hospital’s consultants diagnosed him. It was all too late by the time he got there. I could top myself for it.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

On a lighter note, having a child at a young age and not doing more drugs and loose women. On the bright side by the time I am 40 I can do what the hell I want.

wrecker
    Free Member

Regrets, probably loads of them, my life now has a limited amount of happiness with my wife as she is terminally ill, we now live for now, refuse to focus on past failures and fully focus on bringing up my son in the best way we possibly can until it’s left to me, then with inner strength and some great friends I know I should be more than capable of keeping him on the right route so his mother would be proud.

Heartbreaking. I don’t know what to say but ****ing good luck.

sleepless
    Free Member

not sniffing the knickers I swept up after a Tom Jones concert. We just packed them all in the sound equipment for his next gig.

crikey
    Free Member

Some regrets, but can kind of see the way that these things make us who we are and if we never did anything stupid, we’d never do anything at all.

Candodavid; it’s heartbreaking to read but it does happen and you will deal with it because you don’t have any other option, keep your raceface on fella, all the best.

hora
    Free Member

Neilsonwheels whereas now I have NO sleep or social life and all the lose women are dulling distant memories for me.

Still. They were nubile things 8)

john_drummer
    Free Member

bit dusty in here.

anyway

I wished I had learnt to play a musical instrument.

what are you waiting for? bass is relatively easy (bass-ics anyway!), only 4 strings & you don’t normally play them all at once 😉

Northwind

Bass isn’t a musical instrument!

waveydave
    Free Member

is it only me – no regrets

piemonster

Fish innit

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

No real regrets but I wish I’d never watched the videos we found in a friends dad’s wardrobe when we were teenagers.

One had his dad laying under a glass topped coffee table while his mum took a dump on top 😯

johndoh
    Free Member

Probably not saying goodbye to dad. The hospital staff said he was fine, I had a nagging doubt. Walked out waving but feeling odd.

10 hours later…

grum
    Free Member

😡

richpips
    Free Member

No major regrets.

I should have ignored my mother who said 30 years ago that I shouldn’t buy a house cash (there’ll be time for that) with 9K I’d inherited. Zoopla tells me it was last sold for 186K.

Instead I spent the money on beer.

Having said that if I’d bought that it would have been unlikely I’d be where I am now. Wife kids and a 90K mortgage. 😉

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

Candodavid & plop_pants I completely feel your pain….so sorry cant stop crying at what you wrote…brings back way to many memories…regrets…

fervouredimage
    Free Member

My grandfathers last conversation with me before he passed away always stuck in my mind for many reasons but mainly because he took the opportunity to share his philosophy on life. Knowing that I am someone who is guilty of over thinking and over analysing he pointed out that the future and past don’t exist, the future is just a concept and the past is just memory and therefore you should only live in the here and now. You can’t change the past so regretting it is futile. Nothing to be gained from regret.

aracer
    Free Member

Have just been reminded that one of the things I really regret is lagging at the back of my team when going down a canyon in Switzerland when I should really have been at the front, where I might have spotted the sump under a rock and made sure my teammates avoided it.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Regrets, probably loads of them, my life now has a limited amount of happiness with my wife as she is terminally ill, we now live for now, refuse to focus on past failures and fully focus on bringing up my son in the best way we possibly can until it’s left to me, then with inner strength and some great friends I know I should be more than capable of keeping him on the right route so his mother would be proud.

Hmmmmm aaaand that’s me ouuutttaaa this thread, shit just got real. Good luck matey. 😕

Kevevs
    Free Member

I regret not being the person I am now when I was younger. I think everyone has this idea in their head of going back and doing things when they were younger with the knowledge and experience they have now. Apart from that, I don’t really regret anything. Live and learn..

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Not breaking my ex bosses nose properly when I had the golden opportunity to do so,

piemonster

There’s some genuinely heartbreaking stuff on this thread. Some I’ve yet to face, quite frightening really.

That’s me going home to the folks with a bottle of Whisky and a need to talk really quite soon.

andypaul99
    Free Member

Selling my Subaru Impreza i loved that car, being an arrogant prick when i was younger..

HansRey

1) declining a dutch, ballet-dancing, surfing goddess for an unreliable and bland english girl
    2) declining a safe phd with rolls royce for a wildcard phd. I’m 2 years into the wildcard phd and i’m having doubts about whether it was the best choice
    3) moving away from grandparents as they’re getting old. It’s shocking how quickly they have aged in the past 3 years
    4) quitting saxophone, i used to be OK

#1 and #2 were big regrets at the time, but I’m happier now for doing so. Plus, I now appreciate what I now have and what may come as a result of those choices.
    Regret #3 is still tough and i don’t think that will change.

jamj1974

My real regrets.

Not seeing my great-grandmother the last time I had the opportunity. She looked after me a fair bit when I was very small and it would have meant a lot to her…

Not telling my grandparents enough how much they meant to me. Don’t get me wrong I was always affectionate and spent a good deal of time with them – but I’m not sure I ever said as an adult that I loved them… I should have said it explicitly.

Saying goodbye to my dad for the last time – I should have stayed longer but we thought he was recovering a bit and his second wife always made things awkward. I should have ignored that and stayed. My last memory of him is him smiling and giving me a thumbs up. I should have been there when he actually died.

Working so hard – so relentlessly that I drove myself into a hole and had a breakdown. No matter how hard I try, I’ve never been the same person since and my family deserve better.

BigJohn

Finding this bloody forum.

I hate to think how much the hours I’ve spent on this site have cost me in time, money and jobs.

freeagent
    Free Member

My little brother is currently in hospital, he is dying from Liver failure, caused by Bowel-cancer.
    He probably has a few weeks left at best.
    He is 36 years old.

I’m already wishing we’d spent more time together as adults…

jamj1974

You thought you had all the time in the world freeagent. Tell him how you feel and I am sure he will feel the same. There is no shame in this.

It’s still hard being the big brother – even when your little brother is in his 30’s…

anagallis_arvensis

freeagent, would like to say something to help but haven’t much to say other than hang in there and keep friends close. My big brother died a few years ago his last words to me were “go steady on that motorbike”. I know what he meant was “I love you”. Us little brothers know what you mean even if its not said or done. He lived on the other side of the world for 20 years before he died, we didn’t spend that much time together, not sure it matters at all.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Probably not saying goodbye to dad. The hospital staff said he was fine, I had a nagging doubt. Walked out waving but feeling odd.

Yeh been there too. But he looked fine when we left and he was laughing and joking so that was the best way to remember him. Total opposite with my mum though, three days straight watching her slip away. Not sure which is the best way really.

My thoughts are with you freeagent, you’ll find the strength when the time comes.

Bunnyhop

Candodavid and freeagent, my thoughts are with you.
    Things happen in life, some of which we cannot comprehend.

Big hugs
    bunnyhop xx

luke
    Free Member

Not going to the pub the lunch time of a double A-level exam even if it was £1 a pint, I fell asleep within 20 minutes of the first exam.

The amount I drank in my late teens and early twenties hate to think how much my spell of heavy drinking cost

The amount I spent on gambling during the same period as drinking

Not taking an apprenticeship.

Not going to uni the first time

Going to uni after a drunken night out on a course I didn’t want to do.

Not getting a degree.

Taking a lift home one night, rather than going back to hers.

Not going to a club one night and my mate died later than night outside the club, I still think I might have been able to prevent it.

Not visiting my Gran in hospital because they wouldn’t let kids on the ward and we didn’t have anyone to mind the kids, she didn’t leave the hospital alive.

Not going through with the purchase of a run down five bedroom house as job relocation wasn’t imminent then two weeks later we were told the office closes on Friday you can either relocate or take redundancy.
    The house had come off the market so I took redundancy.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Live in the present and the future.

Yeah I’ve screwed up decisions but learned from them.

Move on and be happy.

Viewing 32 posts - 121 through 152 (of 152 total)

The topic ‘What are your regrets in life ?’ is closed to new replies.