Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 60 total)
  • What are your neighbours saying about YOU?
  • loddrik
    Free Member

Had to go and investigate a possible breach of planning regulations yesterday, the tone of the email indicated that I probably wouldn’t find anything of concern.

Looks like the complainant was out to get his neighbour by any means…. Unfortunately we have to look into it if a complaint it made.

Just goes to show what goes on in the minds of neighbours.

“Generic Enquiry – I would like to report a Mr ____________of _________ in _________. He has had a large conservatory built at the rear of the property without gaining planning permission. It was also ‘knocked up’ by some of his colleagues rather than built professionally I feel. He has also started using the address as a trading place , and sells firewood and uses it as a base for his undeclared evening and weekend work. He also co-owns another property on _____________ and this he is privately renting out, without declaring the fact or any proper insurance etc. The family own several vehicles, BMW, Peugot, a white van, and they are driving all these vehicles on one ‘Trader’s’ policy, even though they aren’t traders.  I also think tax credit fraud may be being committed, and I also think though his father claims to be unfit for work due to a bad back that he buys a lot of cars from the auctions, removes the cat, and sells them for scrap. I don’t need a reply off yourselves thankyou, I’m just making you aware.  I would rather remain anonymous please, I’m just a local resident who feels somewhat put out by his activities.

Location of the complaint _______________

jota180
    Free Member

Some people simply can’t mind their own business

donsimon
    Free Member

Indeed, there are some cowardly twunts people who prefer running to teacher rather than dealing face to face.

spchantler
    Free Member

ps and by the way, i haven’t had a blowjob in 27 years 😈

cynic-al
    Free Member

so was he in breach of planning regs?

TuckerUK
    Free Member

FFS, why can’t some people mid their own business and leave peoples law breaking and dishonesty (which pushes our taxes up) alone?

loddrik
    Free Member

so was he in breach of planning regs?

Nope

Stoner
    Free Member

Its not mcmoonters neighbour is it?

beanieripper
    Free Member

i should imagine he is : old, unfit, resentful, impotent, poor, ugly, sad, smelly, mad, nosey and has a tendency to collect things… you dont get tackled unless you have the ball…

GW
    Free Member

What are your neighbours saying about YOU?
    Prob STFU right now as we just put the kids in the garden coz they’ve had too much iron bru and WKD

yesiamtom
    Free Member

How do you know hes not telling the truth?

jota180
    Free Member

How do you know hes not telling the truth?

Makes no difference, no business of the neighbour
    Bloody curtain twitchers

clubber
    Free Member

I’ll ask. Oi, aka_gilo, what are you saying? 😉

ski
    Free Member

One of mine told me he was going to call the police on me, unless I removed the skunk plants that I was growing in my conservatory!

They are pepper plants!

Plus shut my dog up from barking.

I don’t own a dog and for that matter don’t recall hearing any dogs bark in our street?

Some people are only happy when they are moaning 😉

chewkw
    Free Member

jota180 – Member

Bloody curtain twitchers

😆 True true …

ski – Member

Some people are only happy when they are moaning

How do you reply to those allegations?

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Its not mcmoonters neighbour is it?

Nope, mine is for personal use.

globalti
    Free Member

My elderly neighbour joked to me, when I paid him a visit wearing shorts as always: “….and don’t come back until you can afford some trousers!”

Murray

What are your neighbours saying about YOU? “Tree killer!”.

When we moved in we had a walnut, an oak, an apple and a quince in a 40 foot garden. All fully grown, so no light. We checked with the local council for preservation orders etc and all was clear. Informed the old couple nearest the walnut that we were going to take out the walnut. No problem.

When the tree surgeon started to take it out our other neighbour went mad. I loved the tree killer rant – allowed me to point out where paper comes from. She is a weird witch – had 18 cats at one point, none neutered until RSPCA became involved (nothing to do with me!). Fewer cats now due to cars and general lack of care.

dangerousbeans
    Free Member

So will the STW consensus be that we should ignore criminality and antisocial behaviours?

Even bike theft?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

It seems to me that no criminality, antisocial behaviour, or even bike theft, had been committed.

Wasn’t that the whole of this thread ? Or am I missing something ?

qwerty
    Free Member

I had to ask a neighbour to stop their visiting friends parking across our driveway and blocking us in. They then retaliated and said our cat kept going into their house and insisted that I spoke with the cat and tell it not to – I obliged, but I don’t think the cat was taking me seriously.

Our other neighbour started a boundary dispute with us after the previous owner of our house moved the fenceline 6″. She threatened to burn her house down over it.

We have since moved 🙂

bedmaker

Anyone know the current going rate for a cat from a Skoda octavia? 🙂

grantway
    Free Member

Jealously is a big factor
    But on the other hand no pics of the shoddy building works that could be a danger
    to others.

dangerousbeans
    Free Member

It seems to me that no planning laws were broken, not sure about any of the other stuff but I’m not as clever as you.

My comment was more about some of the other posts which seemed to indicate that people thought you should always mind your own business and not be a curtain twitcher.

I actually think you knew this but wanted to prove your superiority, as you seem to do on most threads.

deepreddave
    Free Member

Definite no to vexatious/malicious twaddle BUT antisocial/illegal activities (including possible tax avoidance etc) should be reported using the right official channels and leave the relevant depts to consider veracity of information. Tax credit fraud/tax evasion affects us all, it’s not an ‘ok’ game to play! Rant over…..

mrchrispy

The bloke across the road keeps taking local kids in to his cellar, never seen them come out though…..he only ever seems to leave with bin liner full of something, not sure what!!!

I’d say something to someone but it’s none of my business.

Numpties…..

yesiamtom
    Free Member

I agree with mrchrispy. My next door neighbour is a curtain twitcher and knows EVERYTHING that happens on the street but shes a lovely lady and as a result if you have a problem she knows who to go to.

What if the conservatory is built shit and pulls both houses down? How would you like it to happen to you.

If you hate your job that much go become a street sweeper or something.

donsimon
    Free Member

What if the conservatory is built shit and pulls both houses down?

What if….?
    How can people get out of bed in the morning if their lives are governed by the what ifs?

Karinofnine

This is a story about one of the regulars on the caravan sites I am a regular at, who I have known of for eight years or so, but have spoken to precisely two times.

My dog was put to sleep three weeks ago.

Last weekend I was sitting by the window, with the dog’s ashes, generally processing what had happened and getting quietly pissed on sherry.

When

This bloke pops up by the window “Sorry about your dog” he says “Would you like to go out for dinner?”

“No thanks” says I.

“Oh” says he “Well, hotels are really expensive, so I bought you a ring” and he thrusts this open ring box, with a ring in it, through the window.

I was bloody well horrified. I don’t even know this bloke. Anyhoo I said I couldn’t possibly accept it. He wouldn’t take it back, eventually I got rid of him. Was pretty drunk by this time, so had a little sleep. I gave it back the following morning, he complained a bit but I was on my bike on my way to work and I just rode off.

WIERD OR WHAT !!!!!!

Have been feeling slightly creeped-out since then and have been locking the door.

toby1

Mine are probably wondering why I never spend any time at home, or potentially why I never complain about their mildly noisy kids – I think they think they are worse then they actually are. Also, Paul always does the grass out front for me when he is doing his. He does occasionally smoke a joint though – perhaps I should inform the authorities!

Otherside are maybe just wondering if I took their bins in for them while they are on holiday?

chakaping
    Free Member

For most of us, it’s probably: “How many bikes has he actually got?”

the-muffin-man

What if the conservatory is built shit and pulls both houses down? How would you like it to happen to you.

I very much doubt that even a badly built conservatory is going to pull your house down! You don’t need planning or building regs for a conservatory as long as its within certain dimensions. (assuming you aren’t in a conservation area).

Junkyard
    Free Member

Indeed, there are some cowardly twunts people who prefer running to teacher rather than dealing face to face

I never tell teacher when i see them taking bikes. Well you really should not get involved and run the risk of being labelled a curtain twitcher.

clearly there is a grudge going on here which is a waste of lodders time but this say nothing attitude is just as bad tbh
    last time I saw him he was laughing and saying I looked like a scared little girl on the ladder [ i borrowed from him] whilst trying to fix a drain pipe…he had a point to be fair

jota180
    Free Member

Let’s all denounce our neighbours to the authorities, one of us may get lucky and uncover a real crime

Junkyard
    Free Member

yes for there is no middle way

Pigface
    Free Member

Getting involved in neighbour disputes is a weekly occurrence in my job. The most recent one will according to a colleague who is ex plod probably result in serious assault or worse. Both the protagonists being belligerent but one has a shot gun, he is the really nutty one.

If you “don’t tell teacher” what do you do if someone dumps a couple of hundred tons of waste on your land and when you complain to them they threaten to burn your house down 🙄

monogramman
    Free Member

When is he going to cut the grass!

yunki
    Free Member

mine are probably saying..

‘oooh, look at that. They’ve just bought asda garden furniture, I bet it chucks it down til doomsday as a result. Let’s train our pitbull to jump the fence and shit in their garden’

or something… probably

EDIT: ‘and when the hell is he going to cut the grass..!?’

donsimon
    Free Member

If you “don’t tell teacher” what do you do if someone dumps a couple of hundred tons of waste on your land and when you complain to them they threaten to burn your house down

I think the example you’ve given would clearly demonstrate an offence being committed, obviously you would tell the authorities in this case, only an idiot wouldn’t. The OP was talking about speculative busy bodies who have an axe to grind behaving out of spite to inconvenience someone without any evidence, that I see as running to teacher because they haven’t the balls to sort out the grievence in a manly way. Like Junky says, when you go from one extreme to the other, there is no middle ground. But don’t let that worry you. 🙄

Pigface
    Free Member

Ohhhhh get you Don 😆

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘What are your neighbours saying about YOU?’ is closed to new replies.