Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • what are your favourite motorsport events?
  • slowoldman

I don’t do motorsport events any more. The RAC rally back in the 70s was the best, Manx International was special too. I also visited Silverstone when Woodcote corner still existed – Lola T70s side by side.

Oh and Santa Pod was a pleasant surprise. Much more interesting than I expected.

I competed as a navigator in rallies for many years and particularly enjoyed the 70s/80s road rallying scene (pre plot, Targa timing madness), did a bit of Autotesting, but also fancied a go at Sporting Car Trials which is very clever.

mike399
    Free Member

Ive been to Le Mans five times prior to having children and miss it every June. A brace of Corvettes, Ford GTs, an a couple of BMW M3 V8s making the grandstand shake in the early hours of the morning is amazing.
    I am however going to the classic this year and can’t wait…
    Would love to do the IOM TT sometime – it’s only a matter of time!
    If I could go to any, Daytona and Monaco would be top of the list.

Marge
    Free Member

I’ve done lots of rallying / racing / motorbike enduro & moto-X and as a competitor all are heavenly 🙂

As a spectator I have a slightly more oddball choice – Formula 1 Stockcar :-0

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    pondo

A big old motocross race is always used to be good.

FTFY. 🙂 Used to love MX Grand Prixes but went to Matterley in, ooo, 2012 I think, and it was just utterly flat, no atmosphere at all, so probably shan’t bother with that again.

My best-ever day at a racetrack, and probably one of my top five favourite days ever, was a historic meeting at Donington, probably ten or twelve years ago, I remember they had Can Am cars there – just a perfect day pottering about on my on, doing whatever I fancied, watching some lunatic cars being raced surprisingly hard.

skidsareforkids
    Free Member

sierrakilo – Member
    Reno Air Races.

500 mph jets and warbirds screaming around at low level .

Fly Low, Fly Fast, Turn Left !

POSTED 1 DAY AGO # REPORT-POST
    I got to crew there this year for my Father-in-law! He came 3rd in Unlimited Silver. It’s my first time at the race, and it was more awesome than I had imagined! We’re working on cooling drag and a new supercharger system this year to stick it to a few more P-51s next year 😉

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘what are your favourite motorsport events?’ is closed to new replies.