• This topic has 18 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by TiRed.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • What are your crap excuses?
  • sandwicheater

If the washing machine is on and I’ve loaded it, that’s me also working. You know, got to keep an eye on it.

That was my excuse not to change a nappy this morning.

Sadly wife used the ‘i’m brewing a baby’ card which trumps most of my excuses, drat!!

What are you crap excuses to get out of things?

stewartc
    Free Member

I can throw out the trash as I have just washed my hands.

Use it a lot, always seems to work with the wife.

BigDummy
    Free Member

Bone-spurs.

thegreatape
    Free Member

You can get away with claiming you are working all the time you are waiting for the washing machine to finish? Good work.

In this house, since the verdict is already determined, there is no real point in offering any excuse, just a plea in mitigation before sentence is passed.

‘Sorry, I forgot’, ‘Sorry, I fell asleep’ and ‘Sorry, I ate that by accident’ cover pretty much every situation.

willard

Worst one I have ever used was “Sorry I’m late, I got my arm stuck in the Bran Flakes packet”.

Best one was “I can’t come into work today, I was dead yesterday”. A slight exaggeration as it was only DC cardioversion for AF, but I did need the day to recover.

loddrik
    Free Member

I tend to do most of the housework in my house but if the wife gets in from work and the house is a mess I’ll just blame it on the kids.

She’ll blame me regardless though.

zippykona

I use this. A LOT!

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

‘You know that I can’t multi-task’

Covers most situations.

OmarLittle
    Free Member

Just show her this thread http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/dont-run-your-dishwasher-overnight

It’s essential you keep a close watchful eye on your washing mashine or dish washer and not be distracted by other jobs!

yunki
    Free Member

Procrastination is a recognised medical condition works well in my house as my other half suffers with it too..

This can be abbreviated to ‘sorry, dark playground’ accompanied by puppy dog eyes

P-Jay
    Free Member

“Sorry I forgot” is my only real one, sadly it’s pretty much the truth – I’ve got a mild version of something between ADHD and Alzheimer’s according to my wife.

rocketman
    Free Member

mrs rocket uses ‘because I can’ and ‘because I don’t want to’ a lot so I’ve started using them as well 🙂

Northwind

“I was going to do it, but now I can’t because you just told me to do it so if I do it, it’ll look like I’m just doing it because you said so!”

stupot
    Free Member

Northwind, I used that excuse to put off a marriage proposal for years…

mikewsmith
    Free Member

The brought another 6 pack
    It was my round

digga
    Free Member

Manny
    Should I be doing something? Do you need the Gleeson accounts? I have them on disk, I would have emailed them, but there was a lot of… clink on the… stuffer expander. And the plug went in some Tizer.

cheekyget
    Free Member

I didn’t forget …..I just didn’t remember!!!

Bregante

I’m not a mind reader.

TiRed

“Kids are ill”. They do have their uses 😉 . Come on, who hasn’t used that one at least once to get out of some impending visit?

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘What are your crap excuses?’ is closed to new replies.