Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)
  • What are you up to tonight?
  • BobaFatt
    Free Member

I’m fairly bored

KINGTUT
    Free Member

You’ve got a a Monkehh!

PeteG55
    Free Member

Sweeney Todd on 4, McGuigan Merlot and ironing. I’m so rock’n’roll. 🙄

john_drummer
    Free Member

so bored I’m thinking of going to bed.

grim168
    Free Member

just finished watching the last episode of an idiot abroad. Bed soon as I’m off early to gisburn in morning. Just gotta finish this bottle of red.

BobaFatt
    Free Member

You’ve got a a Monkehh!

special edition boxes, best trip to Morrisons ever

Kevevs
    Free Member

my parents got Monkey with their pg tips, gave it to the **** dog!

Necking San Miguel and sort of watching In Bruges and dithering about what bike jacket to buy online, for some reason I have to read every single review…

sc-xc

More worryingly, you set that photo up before getting the contents of that bottle down you. Sober.

Unless you have empties stashed in the cistern.

alexxx
    Free Member

watching repeats of the wire, rubbing a girls fun bits, eating blueberry muffins, drinking coffee, editing a music video and writing this

loddrik
    Free Member

Wife is on laptop, I’m on my phone, bored as buggery. 2012 is on tv in the background but it is utter shite. I’d go to bed myself if I hasn’t been asleep half the afternoon..

Edric64
    Free Member

rubbing a girls fun bits, eating blueberry muffins

Dont get crumbs up there

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

The current Monkehs aren’t a patch on the ones they gave away a few years ago. Much lower quality.

BobaFatt
    Free Member

More worryingly, you set that photo up before getting the contents of that bottle down you. Sober.

Unless you have empties stashed in the cistern.

Ha ha, good point, forgot I had the Jura, bought as a leaving present from work about 6 months ago, put it in the drinks cabinet and that was that. Freshly opened tonight and god damn is it nice.

Been out of drinking practice but i’m making a stout effort now

alexxx
    Free Member

Shes not fussy

sc-xc

Been out of drinking practice but i’m making a stout effort now

As long as it doesn’t knock you off your road to fitness 😉

nickc

Failing to learn Smiths songs.

john_drummer
    Free Member

I think what monkehh has in its gob would be more worrying

Failing to learn Smiths songs.

“oh shut your mouth
    how can you say I go about things the wrong way
    I am human and I need to be loved
    just like everybody else does”
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_U5HpeA_WSo[/video]

not much to it 😉

bruneep

contemplating whether I should change my pedals to flats for tomorrows ride. The spd’s will be getting clogged up with snow nae doot.

epicsteve
    Free Member

Quiet night as SWMBO is out at some church thing. Currently I’m spinning some Tracy Chapman on the LP12 and drinking, of all thing, orange juice!

noteeth
    Free Member

Pondering my next move…

Punk_Drummer
    Free Member

Listening to some songs that I need to learn for a new years gig with a house covers band i’m stepping in for while they are between drummers. not my usual fair i might add.

Mustang Sally, Born to be wild, Knock on wood, I think you can guess the way this set list is going, Still its helping out a mate.

teagirl
    Free Member

Radio 6 on ceiling speakers, kids yelling at me to turn it down, house shaking apparently, too old to care…..

john_drummer
    Free Member

yeah, I can live with that – helping out a mate for NYE. How many songs to learn?

nickc

John Drummer, I can sing them, it’s Johnny marrs effing tunings and chord changes that are a fricking nightmare.

Only have acoostick now, anyway, no compressors and drum machines you need to cut the sound like the original on How soon is now

john_drummer
    Free Member

ah yes, I can see that would be a problem. JM a fine guitarist but very difficult to reproduce, or so I’m told by my guitar-playing bandmates

nickc

Magic fingers…fo shure

Punk_Drummer
    Free Member

Ive got 30 songs to learn, So far no real shockers most of the songs I’ve heard before but now need to listen to them First practive tomorrow.

john_drummer
    Free Member

tell you what. All these guitar hero threads on here, and Johnny Marr rarely gets a mention*, but talk to any guitarist and he’s right up there with Hendrix & the rest

* probably because he was in The Smiths, rather than a “look at me how good can I play” rawk band

@punk_drummer:
    30 songs? How long are the band expecting to be playing for?

Kevevs
    Free Member

johnny marr is ace, it’s what makes the smiths The Smiths. Morrisey is just a moaning git without him.

nickc

hmmm, they’re technically very good some of those guitarists on that thread, but the music they play is generally little more than lift music designed to show off their skills…IMO obviously 😉

leaves me cold

30 songs? blimey that’s going to be a long night

lookmanohands
    Free Member

First of 3 night shifts lookin after the motoring public! 😯

john_drummer
    Free Member

but the music they play is generally little more than lift music designed to show off their skills.

indeed. Fretboard w**kery, I think someone once said 😉 But what do I know, I just hit things 😈

But yeah, 30 songs & they’re expecting you to learn them all by NYE? unreasonable IMO. 30 songs is a good 90 minute set, so I’d ask them to trim it down to 15 songs if they want anything more than bum-chick bum-chick

Punk_Drummer
    Free Member

not 100% how long were playing for i’m guessing 2 sets about 45 mins – 1 hour each I think the list i’ve been given is their full set list ATM. mind you with some of the songs on there reckon I could up the tempo a touch and get an hour set down to 20 mins and then have a beer or two

nickc

kevevs he just sings in a different Key. Marr sometimes Capos on as high as the 4th fret, Morrisey has quite a deep voice and sings off beat.

Sounds deadpan. Hard to do, as well as they do it. The Smiths were quite technically gifted, often overlooked

user-removed
    Free Member

Stopped buying PG Tips after learning that they’re chopping animals up whilst they’re still alive, disembowelling them and examining their intestines.

All so they can sell the idea that tea keeps you healthy 🙁

nicolaisam
    Free Member

Had a nice carvery,and several pints.ready for sleep

TexWade
    Free Member

Just finished a lovely curry in the veeraswamy off regent street. Apparently britains oldest curry house. Wife loved it too.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Back from Bath Xmas market, round friends playing Ticket to Ride (Germany) and Ghost for Sale. I won both!!!

Home now, camomile tea and bed.

john_drummer
    Free Member

we do original material with 1 cover thrown in; 8 songs = 30 mins, so I reckon 45 mins = 10 songs plus a bit of banter; if they’re wanting 2x 45 mins* you probably need no more than 20-22 songs. Make it the simplest songs & you might be able to do it. I wouldn’t want to at that short notice.

I really would recommend slimming the setlist(s) if you can if you only have 4 weeks to practice them all – unless of course you can spend 8 hours every day between now & then…

* apparently, when Sid Vicious went solo, he’d do 2x 45 minute sets… the same 45 minutes of the same songs, played twice…

Punk_Drummer
    Free Member

That sounds like a plan to me John Thanks. what i might suggest is a run through of the lot tomorrow and go from there ID The easy ,Difficult and ones that need a little work. there are 4 songs I have played before all be it a smidge faster and louder I think it’ll be good for me as I’ll need to reign it in a fair bit.
    My normal set is 2 x 45 mins ish that with 10 – 15 songs in each. we used to do a set of our own stuff and a set of covers when we first started then mixed it up.

Our ex guitaristin a band he was in years ago used to do one set then go off and have some errrr shall we say “medication” then play the same set backwards and faster.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘What are you up to tonight?’ is closed to new replies.