Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)
  • What are you reading…?
  • noteeth
    Free Member

The occasional book thread lives…

Just finishing: Geoff Dyer’s Paris Trance, smartly observed account of not-entirely-likeable twentysomethings falling in love. It gave me flashbacks.

Up next: Daniel Woodrell’s Bayou Trilogy. Arrived at this guy’s books via Winter’s Bone – the Ozarks are much like the Mendips, it seems.

donks
    Free Member

Pratchets new one “snuff”.

avdave2

All Hell Let Loose: The World at War 1939-1945 by Max Hastings

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Excellent stuff so far.

smogmonster

A Clash of Kings…book 2 in the ‘A Song of Fire and Ice’ Saga by George R R Martin..got the whole saga to read through, and loving it so far.

fd3chris
    Free Member

Just finished HHGTTG for the umpteenth time, still makes me laugh and puts a smile on my face for the day 🙂

Garry_Lager

On book 9 of the Malazan series. Got a bit burned out with it tbh but feel like I’ve got to finish it off.

mattjg
    Free Member

JG Farrell “Troubles”.

Squidlord
    Free Member

Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel. Quite good, but takes a while to get into it.

scaredypants

blood meridian

bit disappointed with the opening few chapters, TBH

Creg

Metro 2033

mattjg
    Free Member

was thinking of giving Game of Thrones a whizz next … that or whatever’s up next in Aubrey/Maturin.

previous was Grossman “Life and Fate”, chewy in places.

simonralli2
    Free Member

I am reading “The Quark and the Jaguar” about quantum mechanics and complexity theory but it’s not really floating my boat to be honest.

cynic-al
    Free Member

An object of beauty by Steve Martin, quite enjoying it.

kennyp
    Free Member

The Call of the Pentlands. Written way back in 1927.

Kit
    Free Member

Iain M Banks – Surface Detail

Now to finish Gary Taubes – Why We Get Fat

donsimon
    Free Member

Hunger Games.

vinnyeh

Present Danger – Stella Rimington
    Swallows and Amazons, revisiting a childhood favourite.

DezB
    Free Member

Norman Mailer “The Naked and the Dead” on paperback
    “The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet’s Next” on Kindle (yeah, I wasn’t gonna bother reading it but it was free!)

Keando

Stephen R. Donaldson – Fatal Revenant 2nd book in the Last Chronicles of Thomas Covenant

Flash
    Free Member

Chronicles of the Crusades by Jean de Joinville, Geffroy de Villehardouin written in the 1300’s

Cougar

I’m reading Dean Koontz’s Odd Thomas, the first in the series.

Really enjoying it so far. I like Koontz a lot but he’s written a few utter pups; fortunately, this is a lot of fun so far.

hh45
    Free Member

‘Fellatio, masochism, politics and love’ by Leo Abse, a former Labour MP and social reformer behind most of the 1960s and 1970’s social revolution legislation. Quite heavy going and not p0rn at all but surprisingly interesting. All about Freudian analysis and how various politicians behaviour is explained by their upbringing, breast feeding (or not) and how their masochistic traits cause us all to suffer.

Solo
    Free Member

David Miller’s riding through the dark.

NEXT !.

BenjiM

I found a copy of Stalingrad at the cottage we rented at the weekend.. I enjoyed what I read so much I ordered it on Amazon.

iDave
    Free Member

About to read Half Man Half Bike

Then about to write 4 or 5 ebooks.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Half Man Half Bike.

S’ok, bit dry but my word – what a competitor!

LapSteel
    Free Member

Hunger games…..to see what the fuss is about

Dolcered

Catching Fire (hunger games book 2, same as lapsteel, to see what the to do was about, liked book 1, downloaded the other 2)

cyclebiker

About half way through “The girl who played with fire” second book in the millennium series. really good so far not sure what to move onto next.

grahamt1980

Currently – Mad Dog, An englishman By Lewis Moody. Its a really good book and interesting considering he does come across as normal which doesn’t work when you saw how he used to play.

Not decided on which one of the selection I read next.

takisawa2

“Man who cycled the Americas” by Mark Beaumont.

speaker2animals

Just finished “In Search of Robert Miller” and “Put me back on the bike” for 2nd time each. These were my relaxation as I work my way through Quicksilver by Neal Stephenson. I’m enjoying it but it is pretty dense and taki g me ages to get through. Two more volumes to get through after that. Could be a long time.

fasthaggis

Just finished..

Ian Banks – The Alegebraist
    Enjoyed it ,been a while since I read his stuff.

Just started ..
    Stephen May – Life,Death,Prizes

So far,so good

randomjeremy
    Free Member

Set myself the challenge of reading through the Discworld from start to finish in chronological order, currently on Sourcery.

UncleFred
    Free Member

Steve Jobs biography and Screw Business as usual – Richard Branson.

I’ve got a Memory Improvement book to read next, if only i could remember where I put it.

I’ll get my coat.

Lifer
    Free Member

‘The Trial’ Kafka

Wanted to know what ‘Kafka-esque” meant and still don’t. Enjoying the book though!

Haze

One More Kilometre and We’re in the Showers – Tim Hilton

Covers a lot of ground, very good read 🙂

seven
    Free Member

just finished Dark Matter

It was a good read, but not that scary as a ghost story, but would recommend it.

Now reading new issue of The Ride before working out what novel to read next.

TiRed

The department of mad scientists. How darpa is remaking our world. That and the emporer of all maladies, a history of cancer.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘What are you reading…?’ is closed to new replies.