Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)
  • What are you doing for a family holiday this year?
  • 40mpg

Looking for inspiration and a little wallet relief, prices seem to have gone through the roof for school holidays this year!

takisawa2

At ages 4 & 6 I’m thinking of taking mine out of school, for a week in June.
    All inclusive Majorca £410 p/w, school hols £710 p/w.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Camping and wherever my rich brother pays for with the kids

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    flippinheckler
    Free Member

Looking at cottages between Dunfries & Glasgow, maybe a bit higher up???

thomthumb
    Free Member

gite in france. only paying for the travel though. 😀

RichPenny
    Free Member

3 weeks in Poland, staying with family 🙂

nacho
    Free Member

Hopefully a week in Mallorca as it seems good value family freindly and I’ve never been. Also some nice biking I believe 😉
    ten away in the camper a few times and hopefully Big Bike Bash

john_drummer
    Free Member

same as last year & the year before. nowt

40mpg

Stuck with school holidays as the kids are doing exams, plus the wife works in a school. As the kids are 13 and 16, both are classed as adults in holiday terms, so 4 grand for a couple of weeks in the sun! I could buy another bike for that!

Nacho – Mallorca’s great, had a couple of lovely hols there when the kids were smaller

ivnickkate
    Free Member

We are going to a keycamp, really near calais.
    http://www.keycamp.co.uk/destinations/france/picardy-france.html

2 weeks for 2adults/2children in July £700 inc return ferry.

2 stages of the tour de france are close by.

restless
    Free Member

Going to USA, Florida in two weeks time :mrgreen:

First time long haul for us 😕

LeeW

Give the Gower a go, there’s nothing to do apart from walk and spend time on the incredible beaches.

Cottage rental/camping is pretty cheap too.

carlosg
    Free Member

Camping in Cornwall here (£260 for the pitch) for 2 weeks in August and hoping to arrange a couple of lads weekends away in Scotland(DH) and either the lakes or Wales(XC).

RoterStern
    Free Member

We’re heading to the island of Elba in Tuscany with the caravan after a week at the Garda Lake so I can get my MTB fix!

buzz1024
    Free Member

Cottage a mile from Dalby Forest – better half has insisted that me and junior take our bikes 😀

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

Activity holiday… Surfing, sailing, kites, skateboarding, beach bbq, cycling, kayaking, cliff walks etc etc. staying home, west cornwall!

timc
    Free Member

vegas for spring break, I’ve no kids 😈

ac505
    Free Member

Elie, Fife. Beautiful little village, amazing beach and rock pools for the kids. Nice walks, great croissants in the deli, tennis, Watersports, kite flying, Golf etc etc. nice and close to St Andrews too if that is your thing.

tomaso
    Free Member

Me and the family are going to holibobs website which is in Dumfries and Galloway near Gatehouse of Fleet in the beautiful Carrick Bay

I think there is also somewhere to ride a push bike off road somewhere near :mrgreen:

monkey_boy
    Free Member

kiln park here, a week in may!

darrell
    Free Member

Øya Festival

having a week in Oslo and spending most of it at this laid back music fest. Highlight is the Stone Roses

geologist
    Free Member

Im my dreams – Patagonia

In reality – 3 weeks on west coast of Scotland 🙂

warton
    Free Member

2 weeks in france, villa with a private pool. My mother in law is paying, otherwise it would be camping in scotland!

ocrider

Going to the UK and Ireland!
    Olympics, then off to Cork and then Galway to see the in-laws.

jon1973
    Free Member

Camping is always a good option. The difference between low and high season is about a fiver a day.

dangriff
    Free Member

Costa cruise for us – less than half price at the moment! 😀

Travis

Won’t be till later in the year, but we are going to go Long Haul back to Malvern.

Nick

A week in an appartment in Les Arcs, free accomodation, Eurotunnel free with Tesco clubcard vouchers, just got to pay for fuel, food and booze.

Week in a Caravan in the Quantocks, partly as it’s my brothers wedding the first weekend, but it’s so cheap anyway.

Strangely they are both good riding spots 🙂

chomp
    Free Member

We aiming for Duinrell (http://www.duinrell.com) in Holland with a bit of luck

Lovely campsite with onsite theme park (free) and waterpark (kinda free depending on when you book). Went there with a 3 and 5 year old and they had the time of their (admittedly short) lives and can’t wait to go back.

There’s some lovely dutch beaches nearby, fantastic cycle path coverage and we’ll be getting there via a couple of nights camping on the Belgian coast (which is also very nice, despite everyone saying Belgium is smelly and boring).

nacho
    Free Member

Apparently we are just about to book a weekend at Peppa Pig world for my little girls 5th birthday!

passtherizla
    Free Member

I am touring the islands with my dad, climbing and riding on skye, and loadsa stuff planned in the torridons 🙂

oh and 2 weeks in cham.

wallace1492
    Free Member

2-3 months round Europe in my Bongo.
    Will bring road bike and mountain bike.

That is after several very long lazy weeks/weekends round Scotland.

Ah the joys of redundancy….. 8)

hooja
    Free Member

Shameless plug
    Come and rent my lovely oak framed house in north cornwall, overlooking the sea (while i move across the road to the campsite) i’ll even throw in some surf lessons… 😆

40mpg

hooja – are you serious? Currently looking at places in Cornwall, have you got details, pics, rates etc? (end July / beginning August).

totalshell

10 days in fort william in may, 3 weeks in caravan in anglesey and another week in lakes all in exc fuel and food about a grand

trail_rat
    Free Member

Will cycle from the door down the harbour in town and go to shetland or orkney for a week or 2 cycling

Stuck with school holidays here too as mrs is a teacher !

steve-g
    Free Member

10 days in albufeira old town. flights for the 3 of us come in at about 300 to 400 pounds, same for 10 days s/c accom in an apartment we have rented before. Lovely family friendly place

Probably the week before the euros start so it wont be totally full of football nutters

chakaping
    Free Member

Jealous of nick.

we are going to n wales in april and south coast in july so far. austerity measures but should be ace anyway.

ciderinsport
    Free Member

40mpg – Member
    Looking for inspiration and a little wallet relief, prices seem to have gone through the roof for school holidays this year!

CAMPING!

😉

Oh no they won’t, will they!

Remember that little chalet from last year?? Find one in the low alps, for 1/2 what Italy cost and drive down!

Lots of nice little (and cheapish) places, like around Die!

😆

ps. I now have 5 weeks camping booked for under £200, and that includes the Mayhem entry fee 😆 😆

rightplacerighttime
    Free Member

House swap with some people who live in a sort of organic farming cooperative in Bavaria – so free accommodation and Pork Deli/Bakery/Brewery/Restaurant on the doorstep – yum

A friend of ours, who acted as matchmaker between the two families lives just across the road and will do some babysitting so the wife and I can take out bikes to the Alps about 40 minutes away sans (ohne) kids.

Here.

Might drive via Paris to stay with some other friends on the way.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘What are you doing for a family holiday this year?’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts