• This topic has 41 replies, 27 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Euro.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • What are you doing after your Sunday ride?
  • gaidong
    Free Member

Sweet 40km ride with 700m climbing, sun, friends, bants. Got home and the wife and kids are out… So I’m sat on the sofa, in my sweaty padded cycling pants, legs and face covered in mud, pervin’ over components I can’t afford, bbq’d chicken leg and Swiss chocolate plus not much left of a very large bottle of Continental lager. Bliss!

Harry_the_Spider

Massive Scalextric whilst the missus watches the football.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Quick 30 miles on the road bike before the rain, taken kids swimming, lunch at the outlaws, got some tiling and painting to do this afternoon. Might get chance to sit down and have a beer at about 9pm..

simondbarnes

I haven’t even left the house today. It’s grim out. World SBK and now F1 on the radio for me.

Alex

3 rides in 3 days so best do some family stuff. Captain America apparently in a few mins…

gaidong
    Free Member

Harry, Scalextrix with or without the car magnets. My brother and I always preferred without, taking corners carefully or just launching across the room 😀

Harry_the_Spider

With. The kids are 6, 8 and 47 so I want to avoid any car/skirting interfaces.

scaredypants

resting my knee, moving my cleat and reading about ITBs 🙁

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Travelling the land, and ruthlessly slaughtering anyone using the word “bants “.

Harry_the_Spider

Can you do people who say “life hack”, “brexit” and “stoked” too?

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Itching my knees because they got really wet and cold (along with the rest of me). It felt like Desmond had come home. Surprising number of people out though, passed quite a few down the 5-90, last minute FW (weather) training perhaps.

scaled
    Free Member

Nice off road commute in to town to pick the car up from last night’s boozing in town. Drove the car into a pillar of the underground car park. Good thing I don’t bother servicing it.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Harry, I’ll add them to the list.

jools182
    Free Member

I’m not going out in this weather 😛

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

scaled – Member
    Nice off road commute in to town to pick the car up from last night’s boozing in town. Drove the car into a pillar of the underground car park. Good thing I don’t bother servicing it.

Good thing you didn’t make it out onto the open road; you might have drove it into a cyclist or pedestrian.

Don’t drink and drive.

ferrals
    Free Member

Really good but hard ride yesterday so tired today, just did hr and a half gentle local spin, managed to slay three technical demons and ride sections I normally walk. Got home just as it started pissing down, had second breakfast (scrambled eggs 🙂 ), then swiftly into tea and cake, then lunch, now half sleeping on sofa. Good Sunday 😀

badnewz
    Free Member

Doing a life hack.

Drac

Working but I haven’t ridden anyway.

windyg
    Free Member

Did 31miles on the road yesterday, 32miles offroad today but had a crash early on and hurt my shoulder, so food shower, crash in front of TV in pain for the rest of the day.

mrsfry
    Free Member

Which ‘Tropical’ parts of the world is the OP in?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Doing a life hack.

*Adds to list*

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

My sunday ride will be my commute home in a couple of hours…

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

So I’m sat on the sofa, in my sweaty padded cycling pants,

Have a shower you dirty little oik.

joat

Reclining on my sofa digesting scrambled eggs after 70 windy road miles.

badnewz
    Free Member

Can I revise my comment to:
    Doing a life hack, in a room with locks on the door.

Euro
    Free Member

Don’t really do a proper sunday rides these days – more of a family bimble, but got up early this morning and did a bit of work on part of my local loop to keep it interesting…

But then this happened…

so now i’m lamenting the loss of a old friend.

TiRed

Out on the Time Trial bike to break in my new Ares (that’s not a typo) for 75 km at a sunny but cold 06:40. Have since cut the grass, cooked and doing the washing and will convert the small defy to nephew usage later.

gaidong
    Free Member

OP was just outside of Versailles, so not that far south. I’ll admit “bants” was a long shot; haven’t lived in the UK for 9 years so unsure of correct usage. Would ‘mutual vicious ribbing’ be ok? *edit*, seeing as I’m not in the country will Cap’n Flasheart be able to ruthlessly slaughter me?

Jumping in the shower now, and sobered up in time for the family to get home. 😀

mildbore

Relaxing for an hour on the sofa before cooking a Dahl for dinner after 4 heavy hours off road round my mate’s techy rocky singletrack. Can’t beat that post – ride satisfaction!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Would ‘mutual vicious ribbing’ be ok?

😯

Bregante

No riding as I’m working today but tonight I’m taking my youngest and three of his friends to see the Harlem Globetrotters at the MEN arena.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Having a Sunday roast in the local after a tentative ride on the Ridgway due to a dodgy back.

Oh, and got a wash in the machine…
    And bought a Chromecast audio a video pack.
    And chorizo.

scaredypants

@euro 🙁 poor doggy – didn’t even look that ill in the first shot

Bregante

🙂

I hope.

🙁

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

@euro poor doggy – didn’t even look that ill in the first shot

It’s ok. He’s with Doggy Jesus now.

core

Sitting on sofa in dressing gown scouring eBay for a new project which I can’t really justify, but need because I’m so bored lately.

gaidong
    Free Member

I said ribbing not rimming Cap’n!

Alex

Captain America thing surprisingly good. Now doing my expenses. It’s really boring. So I’m drinking wine to liven it up a bit 😉

Del

What could go wrong?
    Good ride, the trails are dry, firm, and grippy, home, showered, pub with the dog. I’m far too chipper though, so I’m sparking up the second series of hinterland to bring myself back down later. 😀

tenfoot

After this evening’s “Sunday ride” I imagine at least 3 pints of ale per person will likely be imbibed.

Followed by a wobbly off road ride home.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘What are you doing after your Sunday ride?’ is closed to new replies.