Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • What are you buying your young sons for Christmas?
  • Bagstard
    Free Member

My seven year old has written a Christmas list as long as his arm, but I’m struggling for ideas for my two and a half year old. What are you all buying?

the-muffin-man

Coke and hookers.

Bagstard
    Free Member

That’s what he waste’s his pocket money on!

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

He will probably complete it by Xmas lunch, showing just how adept the modern generation are compared to us back then.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dotemu.rtype2&hl=en_GB 89p

seosamh77
    Free Member

two and a half year old.

Why bother?

ads678

My 9 year old has an Xbox this year.

For a 2.5 year old, just give him a box and some shaving foam!!

Bagstard
    Free Member

Why bother? Because otherwise he will wonder why his brother is getting all the presents! He doesn’t fully understand the process, but he likes toys, usually whatever his brother is playing with.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Biggest cuddly toy you can find.

Show him how to wrestle/rugby tackle it.

Endless fun

the-muffin-man

What does he watch on telly – buy something related to that!

And you can’t go wrong with MegaBloks and Brio Railway type stuff…

http://www.argos.co.uk/product/3498468

choppersquad
    Free Member

Does Duplo cater for that age group?
    Big box of that if it does…….or some sort of train track?
    I don’t have any kids btw so you might not want to pay much attention to my ideas?

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Radio controlled car for £10 then when he jumps on it…

Bagstard
    Free Member

That railway is really nice and big teddy is a good shout.

bob_summers

Brio is horrifically expensive but if you keep the boxes you’ll get a lot of that back on ebay. My 4yo loves it, kitchen table is ideal size for a big layout and keeps it off the floor where clumsy little hooves don’t keep knocking everything over.

jtintheuk
    Free Member

A shiny new Whyte 403, let’s hope he likes it….

i_like_food

I’m guessing he/she already has a balance bike? We’ve bought our son a bike for Christmas every year, he’s coming up to 8 and it’s his first FS bike this year.

the-muffin-man

Brio is horrifically expensive but if you keep the boxes you’ll get a lot of that back on ebay.

Proper BRIO is – but nearly all the knock-off stuff is compatible.

Pretty sure that Chad Valley stuff is.

We have boxes of the stuff in the attic – our daughter played with it loads. But she was 15 a few days ago so it doesn’t come out much now!* It’s stored away as one of her ‘never throw away’ toys (along with Roary the Racing Car!)

darrell
    Free Member

When my kid was 2.5 – Brio stuff

the-muffin-man

Ikea do it as well – but if I remember correctly the track doesn’t quite fit properly with Brio, but can be made to work with a little persuading!

But you could build a big set pretty cheaply – and use Ikea track with Brio trains…

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/search/?k=railway

Bagstard
    Free Member

Already has a balance bike, train set is looking like the winner.

funkmasterp

For my three year old who is obsessed with dragons, knights and castles. He’s going to lose his mind when he sees it 🙂

joshvegas
    Free Member

Marble run.

I don’t have kids but i got my nephew one.

Christ its good fun.

aazlad
    Free Member

Push the boat out and get him proper Brio, it will get past down the generations and all kids love it. I still have mine from when I was a nipper (which remains at the Grandparents house for when we visit) and we have started buy mini Aazlad Brio for birthdays and Xmas. The only third party stuff we have been getting is the Thomas and Friends wooden engines as he’s a sucker for Thomas the Tank. Nothing worng with the Ikea/Tescos’/etc but the Brio stuff feels proper.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

At 2.5 mines liked Thomas the Tank, Cars (the film), Duplo(Jake and the neverland pirates boat), Toot toot drivers, some superhero stuff.

Drac

scaled
    Free Member

Mine is about the same age, he’s got a play ‘kitchen’

They’ve got one at nursery and he bloomin loves it, will happily spend hours cooking away just like mummy and daddy 😀

Then I got excited when i saw hungry hippos, he’ll love that too

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Sudocrem and a cat.

lesgrandepotato

Don’t mix up the sudocrem and the vaporub. Someone / thing won’t forgive you.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘What are you buying your young sons for Christmas?’ is closed to new replies.