Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • What are those washers that you put between your cranks and
  • Karinofnine

your pedals called please? And where do you buy them from?

Thanks

mattsccm
    Free Member

Pedal washers.
    Good bike shops maybe????

scotroutes

Are you sure you need them?

JImmAwelon
    Free Member

I too was thinking a good traditional shop like SJS and find that Halfords have them by a well known brand. From the description I don’t see how they would stop me from scuffing my cranks?

jamj1974

From the description I don’t see how they would stop me from scuffing my cranks?

That’s not what they are for!

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Never used them, don’t see the need.

JImmAwelon
    Free Member

Don’t tell me tell Halfords:

FSA PEDAL WASHER PRODUCT DESCRIPTION
    The FSA Pedal Washer is perfect for keeping your shiny new cranks looking the part even after a tough workout through mountain trails. Made using stainless steel the washer provides a robust design for a long lasting life.

FSA PEDAL WASHER EXTRA INFO
    Designed to fit most crank sizes
    Ideal for protecting bike cranks when pedalling

mudmonster
    Free Member

But they will increase the q factor decreasing efficiency.

Karinofnine

“Pedal washers” eh? Who knew? I had previously put “pedal washer” into CRC’s search engine and got nothing. Hence I thought they might have some esoteric name.

Venturing out into the big world that lies beyond CRC, I put “pedal washer” into Google and now I am the proud owner of some spangly titanium pedal washers… to go with my lovely new titanium pedals!

Do I need them? Well, the RaceFace cranks on my 5 have not got a little indent, so probably not for them. But, my Spesh and the Airnimal both have the little indent (and indeed came with washers, which I have managed to lose) so yes for those two. I haven’t looked at the Scott yet, or the Salsa and can’t remember whether the cranks on either of them are flush or not. Anyhoo, I got three sets.

As for Q factor, they are extremely thin, I can’t imagine that they would make much difference.

Oh, they came from Clee Cycles, if anyone is interested and they were £3.99 a pair (free P&P). Hurrah!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘What are those washers that you put between your cranks and’ is closed to new replies.