Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • What are the trails/weather like at Afan & Brechfa please?
  • Andy

Evenin'

Anyone ridden at either Afan or Brechfa today? What were the condition like please?

Port Talbot forecast was rain today, Builth Wells was sleet. Just wondering if they got much snow.

Ta muchly

peteimpreza

You out and about in the van then?

Andy

Aye Pete 😀

carl
    Free Member

was wondering the same thing,anyone????

genesis
    Free Member

Check the BBC Wales weather, they've just said continuing snow on high ground through the evening.

valleydaddy
    Free Member

will be a bit gloopy in places as we've had a load of rain today, maybe bit of snow on exposed bits but as long as you don't mind the mud you'll be fine fella, just get stuck in 😉

All the forecast snow hasn't come to much, I live over the hill from Afan, mountains dusted for sure

Andy

Brilliant Valleydaddy, thanks!

Alex

Afan was fine Monday, wall had a bit of mud but loads of grip. Seems to be a lot more braking bumps that I remember tho! Penhydd was muddy in places but again grippy and riding well.

Tuesday was pretty epic 😉 Snow, Rain, Wind, Sleet all at the same time it seemed. Whytes was getting horrid at the top but still great from npower on. Lots of big puddles but armoured trails so they're going to be fine.

Been raining every since in Wales, so it's going to be moist I'd expect 🙂

bintangman
    Free Member

Apparently the trails at Brechfa are a bit tired as theres been FC work going on recently and the trails have been closed (FC website says its open now though…). My lack of skills showing but Gorlech would be pretty slippy I'd imagine.

bintangman
    Free Member

valleydaddy, or anyone else, do you know what its like up by Abertillery way? Have trailrakers, will travel.

hambl90
    Free Member

bintangman,i live near abertillery and its ok roads are ok,mountains are snow covered but should be ok as well.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘What are the trails/weather like at Afan & Brechfa please?’ is closed to new replies.