Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • What are the racks and panniers of choice these days?
  • wallop

Planning a trip of a few days on my Genesis Equilibrium and could do with some luggage. I could do with something fairly lightweight (on the rack front, anyway).

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Its all rackless these days. Frame bags, seat harnesses and bar “systems”.

WildcatGear are very, very good.

wallop

Does that all work on a road bike? All sounds like a lot of squeezing stuff into small spaces.

TiRed

Tubus rack, Ortlieb panniers.

Topeak racks if you want to spend a little less. If you have no mounting points, then a beamrack and rackpack isn’t a bad option, although the racks are heavy.

Otherwise, Nelson Longflap.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Yup

DSC_0691 by ir_bandito, on Flickr

Jandd frame bag, and I’ve now got a Wildcat Tiger bag for the saddle instead fo the world’s most complex webbing strap arrangement.

Depends how much you’re carrying. Travel light, travel far and fast…

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Tubus racks & Ortlieb panniers..

My Vaya, before I tweaked a few things.

Spotty dog IMHO.

rootes1

tubus yes… pannier still like the caradice – not as cool ing looking as ortlieb/vaude

ransos
    Free Member

I recently wore a hole in the bottom of my Ortlieb pannier, but I don’t think that’s too bad after 5 years of daily use.

jp-t853

Topeak racks if you want to spend a little less. If you have no mounting points, then a beamrack and rackpack isn’t a bad option, although the racks are heavy.

Topeak are the best budget option and I would add Altura Arran bags to that also. I would go with a rack and P-Clips rather than beam rack if you do not have eyelets as it is a much sturdier set up

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Oh, or Carradice… For Credit Card Touring…

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Topeak DX rack and ortlieb panniers.

Although after riding the bike fully loaded with 2×25 on the back and 2x20l on the front I decided a credit card and lightweight racer were more fun.

wallop

That Carradice is a thing of beauty.

Thanks guys – lots to go on here.

disco_stu
    Free Member

My Carradice Nelson with SQR rack mount getting a run out on bike/bivvy ride in the Black Mountains at the weekend.

headfirst
    Free Member

Tubus rack on one bike, Blackburn one on the other, both are good. Upgraded to a pair of Ortliebs at Christmas, they do give you a reassuring sense that those clean clothes will be dry no matter how much it rains.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘What are the racks and panniers of choice these days?’ is closed to new replies.