Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • What are the parts on this bike worth?
  • tpbiker
    Free Member

Quite fancy upgrading my old 2015 alu trance to the new carbon version. Thing is I already have some nice parts and only want the frame. Solution.. Buy the entire bike (at around 2400 quid) then sell all the parts other then the frame.

Question is.. Is it economical?

Basically looking for advice on what all the parts listed below would fetch second hand, but never used .

I’m thinking roughly 350 for the fork, 350 for the wheels, 75 for the brakes, 200 for the groupset, 70 for the dropper, and about 50 for everything else. Over ambitious?

Spec below..

RockShox Yari RC Solo Air, 150mm Travel, Boost

Shifters
    SRAM GX 11 speed

Rear Mech
    SRAM GX

Chainset
    SRAM GX 30T

Cassette
    SRAM XG-1150 10×42

Chain
    KMC X11EL-1

Brakes

SRAM Guide R hydraulic disc brakes, 180/160mm

Wheelset
    Hubs: Giant TRX 1 27.5 Composite WheelSystem [F] Boost, Rims: Giant TRX 1 27.5 Composite Boost WheelSystem, Spokes: Sapim Laser/Race

Tyres
    [F] Schwalbe Nobby Nic 27.5×2.35″ Snakeskin TL

Handlebar
    Giant Contact Trail, 740mm

Stem
    Giant Contact

Seatpost
    Giant Contact SL Switch-R Dropper Post

Saddle
    Giant Contact, Neutral

350 WAY too much for the forks! I have never paid that for brand new yaris.

joemmo
    Free Member

go to ebay, search for the parts and filter by ‘new other’ and ‘sold’ and that will give you a rough idea. Sounds like a load of hassle though. Why not just buy a frame from a brand that sell frame only?

tpbiker
    Free Member

Yeah it does.. My thinking was once I sell everything and it would only cost me around 1.3k. Not much in carbon out there for that kind of cash.

But obviously I have no idea how easy the parts will sell, and it’s only viable if I get a decent return on them.. Obviously I’ve way over priced the fork.. Although I couldn’t find a yard online for anything like that

superstu
    Free Member

Yari bit overpriced, think you’d get closer to £100 for the brakes. Rest difficult to tell. No idea on the forks.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘What are the parts on this bike worth?’ is closed to new replies.