Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • What are the options for waterproof / winter SPD boots?
  • headsup-spam
    Free Member

Need to get me some kit!

danielgroves
    Free Member

These are something I’m looking to buy this winter as well.

br
    Free Member

Shimano MW81’s.

I bought a pair last month, dry feet since.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    wisepranker
    Free Member

I just got a pair of Northwave Celsius, nice and warm as well as dry 😀

druidh
    Free Member

This will be my 3rd winter with MW80s. They are pretty much ideal unless you are using flat pedals or need to do a lot of walking through mud and snow in which case the MT91 would be more appropriate.

molgrips
    Free Member

They are the best piece of winter kit ever. After mud tyres, that is.

Far far better than messing about with waterproof socks or whatever.

wwaswas

I have some Lake MXZ302’s for the depths of winter but they are a bit of an acquired taste with regards to aesthetics.

Just got some Specialized Deforsters for less extreme weather/if I might be seen by people I know.

somafunk

I’ve recently bought some Northwave Celsius Arctic GTX, very toasty indeed and they don’t look “special” at all.

Clobber
    Free Member

Had mw80 and defrosters and much prefer the shimano, defrosters are not very warm despite the name.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

diadora chili winter/extreme often available for peanuts (relatively speaking) from ebay traders like absolute cycles, woollyhathop etc.

madxela
    Free Member

+1 for Northwave Arctics and wear merino lined sealskins and always dry warm feet 🙂

lovewookie

Just received a nice pair of Diadora winter boots from bike-discount.de bargain price and they are super comfy even sized up one.

Hopefully they’ll be warm, they feel cosy around the office…

🙂

reggiegasket
    Free Member

+1 Northwave Celsius Arctic GTX

I have two pairs. One for commuting and one for mtb. Ace, although they do let rain down the front…

thetabber
    Free Member

+1 for the defrosters, not that warm though. Water will still come in over the top of the ankle cuffs, gaitors keep it out though.

tracknicko
    Free Member

overshoes for about £20.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Lakes but they are dear
    5 year old still going strong and look like they are near indestructabile
    As for looks FFS its dark and wet who cares what I look like as long as I am warm and dry

The-Beard

I just got a pair of the Northwave Arctic boots as well. First ride out involved driving rain, hail, flooded roads and it was bloody cold. Water eventually got in the top after an hour of filthy weather, but my feet stayed warm the whole time. Took an AGE to dry them out. All in all pretty chuffed with them though, far better than overshoes.

composite
    Free Member

In the 3 weeks I have had a pair of Northwave Celsius I haven’t had cold or wet feet. 8)

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Shimano MT91.

Spotty Dog IMHO.

baldman
    Free Member

Had Shimano MW80’s for a few years, eventually lost their waterproofness after a lot of use. Replaced with MW81’s – excellent boots, may want to go a size up though (all other biking boots / shoes 43, needed 44’s in these).

the_lecht_rocks

Lake here too. Boa failed a few years ago, lake replaced foc. Excellent winter shoes for up North in Aberdeenshire…

h4muf
    Free Member

Second winter with my Northwave Celsius!

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘What are the options for waterproof / winter SPD boots?’ is closed to new replies.