Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • What are the good points about heavy bikes?
  • martymac

pmsl @ xc mincesnake.
    that has properly cheered me up on an otherwise boring day.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

My Carrera Banshee X with bombers on the front never seems to break.On the other hand the posers on here with there 3 grand+ bikes are always moaning about breaking frames/ parts.

maxtorque

I think the obvious flaw in having a heavy bike is that it really hurts when it hits you on the back of the head after you have just “superman’d” over the bars…………… 😉

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    tazzymtb

Inbreds, on paper, are hefty old iron clunkers, but they don’t ride like it.

no, they ride more like this

weight’s not that important as long as you are having fun though! If it’s such a beast that it becomes a chore to ride is when it’s a problem

mikehopkins
    Free Member

Okay stop me if I’m wrong, I know that being heavier doesn’t make you fall/descend faster, because thats about air resistance, but is it easier to maintain your’ kinetic energy with more weight?…I’m no good at physics.

If you want to beat someone to death and only have your bike at your disposal, heavier is better.

…That is seriously good use, that and someone said when they borrow lighter bikes it’s easier.

Northwind

kudos100 – Member

If you want to beat someone to death and only have your bike at your disposal, heavier is better.

I think I could wield a lighter bike more effectively

float
    Free Member

light stuff is more expensive!

heavy bikes burn more cals/get you fitter and give your friend one less excuse as to why you beat them up the last hill 🙂

current ride is a 32lb blue pig and its going to be putting on a little more weight soon. rides great.

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘What are the good points about heavy bikes?’ is closed to new replies.